Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
What you will be doing:
- Create and analyze liability, asset, and capital accounts by compiling electronic data and required documentation.
- Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss, balance sheet statement, and other necessary reports.
- Assists with preparations for audits and third party reviews.
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Assists in the maintenance of all crypto ledger transactions and balances and makes related entries as needed to reflect them appropriately in our financial records
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports according to applicable government regulations.
- Uses and helps maintain accounting software (Quickbooks Online) to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Coordinates with and prepares reports for Assistant Controller and upper management.
- Evaluate accounting and tax treatment of business transactions.
- Support tax adviser in the preparation of tax declarations (Germany and Europe).
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5-10 years+ experience in accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in math, accounting, and financial processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Solid understanding of IFRS and applicable regulations in Germany
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field (master’s preferred)
- Experience in international payments and cryptocurrency accounting
- CPA or international equivalent license/certification (e.g. german “Bilanzbuchhalter”, tax adviser or certified public auditor)
- US-GAAP understanding
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive salary, including equity