A little about us
We’re on a mission to unlock global talent by making cross border hiring easy. We want to spread great employment rights and benefits and help make them the norm for remote workers across the world.
We are a new 100% distributed startup building out our product offering in 2021. We have just raised our latest funding and we’re putting together a highly experienced team (especially for this early stage of company). We’re a global company with team members in the UK, India, Germany, the USA, Finland, Latvia, Lebanon and Mexico.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – with interacting engineering, legal, financial, operations, and HR processes. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We’re an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
The Role 👩💻
Location: Anywhere in the world within timezone GMT +/-6h
Oyster is growing fast, and we are looking for a hands-on Senior Accountant to help us carry out our day-to-day accounting activities and monthly reporting process, as well as owning the ERP activities in Netsuite. You will play a key part in developing Oyster’s finance function, developing and improving our financial processes from day 1.
You will be working in our Finance Team who are responsible for the overall Finances of Oyster, led by our Head of Finance
What you’ll be doing…
- Performing the month and year-end financial close process
- Making a key contribution to the transition and successful implementation to Netsuite
- Managing payments and owning the bank reconciliation process
- Working closely with the financial controller and wider finance team to improve financial operations
- Taking ownership of our intercompany reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory year-end accounts
- Contributing to improvements and processes around financial controls and risk management
- Continually developing and improving the accounting and reporting systems in use
What we’re looking for 📜
Skillsets that are important
- You have an ACA, ACCA, CPA (or equivalent) qualification
- You have at least 5 years experience of working in an accounting role (with at least 2 of these being in a senior/manager role)
- Prior experience in public accounting/audit is a real plus (combined with industry experience is even better)
- You have experience of ERP transition (experience of Netsuite would be hugely beneficial)
- You have prior experience of working at a high-growth scale-up, or in a fast-changing environment
- You have excellent attention to detail and love problem solving
- You continually seek process improvement and can leverage systems, software, and automation tools to achieve this
- You enjoy coaching and developing junior team member
- Driven by the social impact mission and desire to use skills to influence global change and employment opportunities
- Based in time zone GMT +/-5h or PDT +/-5h
Skillsets that are not required (but are a bonus)
- Proficient in Google Suite of products (Gmail, Google Doc, Google Sheets)
- Advanced excel skills make life easier
- Positive and pro-active attitude
- A good sense of humor and willingness to assist others no matter how small the task
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one).
- Fluent English language.
Benefits & Compensation 💸
- Fully flexible hours.
- 40 days annual holiday, including public holidays (or legal minimum in your region if greater).
Browse the latest remote finance jobs on EU Remote Jobs