is Germany’s best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world’s best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world’s leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products to help people communicate, utilizing the latest AI techniques. Our work culture is open and collaborative, creating an environment to build and deliver innovative solutions to the world.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
DeepL is looking for a Sales Operations Specialist to support our growing commercial teams (Sales, Business Development, Solutions Consulting). You’ll serve act as an operations partner to senior leadership, managers, and the team. This role is critical to enabling DeepL to scale global revenue across our self-service engine and assisted sales motions. As an early member of the team, this is a unique opportunity to scale commercial operations processes from the ground up.
Internal and customer‐facing activities that support the sales team in creating quotes and managing other administrative tasks not performed directly by the Account Executives. This role manages the administrative tasks of quote creation, PO validation and working with Customer Operations Teams on transactional business and order processing.
- Support the organization in managing data integrity
- Collaborate with Sales and Business Development reps to verify data inputs and troubleshoot errors
- Work within the Sales Operations team to improve processes throughout the organization
- Analyze data to find inaccuracies and identify trends
- Manage new and existing sales tools to improve adoption for users
- Create training and workflow documentation, and maintain ongoing documentation of processes as business needs evolve or features are added
- Handle inbound requests from internal and external customers, following up to ensure satisfactory closure
- Prepare quotes on behalf of Account Executives in Salesforce.com CPQ tool
- Work with other Operations teams (Customer, Finance, etc) to handle various tasks
- Where relevant, verifying purchase orders and submitting orders manually for processing
- Complete customer document requests (i.e. vendor forms, tax documents, general company information, etc.)
- Co-ordinate RFP and RFI responses, working with the Account Team to ensure the deadline is met
- Participate in special projects as needed and contribute to process enhancement initiative
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no ‘to be reviewed’- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally, as well as whole company events
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Hack-Fridays – Every month we have a dedicated, interruption-free day on a company-wide scale to work on a project of your choice. Whatever it might be, if it means something to you, this is your day to do it
- Stay healthy – We offer a private health and travel insurance that comes with a bonus you can spend on vision, dental or any other needs
- With our people-centric approach, we value Life-Domain Balance and mental well-being! Therefore, we offer 30 days of holiday and provide a mental well-being app with access to psychologists, group sessions, and self-guided learning tools
- Annual education budget to advance your skills with courses & qualifications of your choice
- Strong data analysis skills
- Interest in software and learning new tools
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Teamwork oriented and highly collaborative
- Previous experience within a sales support, customer service or fast paced administrative support role.
- Highly organised and detail‐oriented
- Excellent communication skills (demonstrated professional phone, email, and chat etiquette)
- Flexible and adaptable to change, and working in a fast-paced environment. Ability to learn quickly and follow processes and policies while providing solutions in occasionally ambiguous situations.
- Experience working varied hours to accommodate volume fluctuations caused by sales cycles, seasonality, emergencies, etc.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (Gmail, docs, slides, sheets)
- Experience with using Salesforce.com would be beneficial