Join our team either remotely or in our office in Amsterdam. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA region.
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to#jointhenest.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Sales Operations Manager
We are looking for a Sales Ops thinker and builder.
As an essential part of our go-to-market team, Sales Operations works with Sales and cross-functional leaders to enable MessageBird’s growth and business success. We design scalable organizational structures, drive process improvements, develop data-driven insights and decision making, and operationalize solutions.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about driving change in a Sales Organization. That means experience deploying a CRM at a fast growing company, launching and optimizing Sales Processes, and deriving actionable insights for Go-To-Market leaders. This position reports to the VP of Global Sales Operations.
What you’ll do
- Deliver, maintain, and evolve a best-in-class sales process (Forecasting, Pipeline Management, Territory Planning, Incentives & Compensation, Productivity, Deal Reviews, Business reviews).
- Identify and implement automation in Salesforce, optimize workflows, and drive efficient outcomes for Senior Leaders.
- Lead the CRM migration of acquired companies into our main CRM.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and iteration of our Sales Incentive Plan.
- Get your hands dirty enhancing and troubleshooting our tools and data
- Make data-driven decisions: translate data sets into actionable insights, recommendations, dashboards, and reports.
- Work cross functionally with marketing, finance, product, and data analytics teams to solve complex business problems and aid in strategic planning.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations. Experience at a fast-paced technology company is preferred.
- Operational experience increasing Forecast accuracy, optimizing the sales process, generating sales productivity, leading deal reviews.
- Understanding of Salesforce admin work and experience with deploying new systems is a plus
- Experience analyzing data (advanced Excel & SQL skills) and using reporting tools (knowledge of Tableau or equivalent) to communicate business insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization.
- Ability to document business processes, use cases, and business requirements; and then implement corresponding solutions in the systems.
- Nice to have: Lean six-sigma or similar certifications, Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. CS, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics).
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including noise cancelling headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.