What we’re looking for:
The Revenue Accountant is an important technical accounting resource that will report to the Senior Manager of EMEA Revenue Operations and will work in a fast paced, dynamic and global team.
As the Revenue Accountant, you will interact with multiple groups at Citrix with the objective of maximizing revenue for the company while also minimizing risk and ensuring compliance as per company policies.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Research and provide technical accounting guidance for revenue recognition under ASC606
- Provide support in various projects associated with the evolution and expansion of the Company’s routes to market (product and service offerings and pricing) and goals of Automation and Simplification
- Financial Systems analysis leveraging data science aspects (RPA, ML and NLP); RPA – Robotic Process Automation, ML – Machine Learning, NLP – Natural Language Processing
- Managing an EMEA Region incl approval of sales exception process (in SalesForce)
- Review of End User and Partner agreements – click-thru evergreen and non-standard.
- Assist with project UAT and ad hoc reporting requests
- Deal pack preparation for quarter end review
- Review of revenue recognition tool (RevPro)
- Business Partnering (Deal Desk, Sales, Legal, Order Management, Corp Accounting)
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Proficient in researching accounting literature and making judgement calls.
- Detailed understanding of accounting guidelines for software revenue recognition preferred (ASC606).
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to establish and adhere to strict monthly/quarterly deadlines.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office, Salesforce and RevPro preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Work effectively with team members – internal and external to revenue function.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the business, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- ACCA, CIMA or QBE
- Detailed working knowledge of US GAAP preferred
- Knowledge of ASC 605 and/or 606
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Comfortable in moving between financial systems.
- An interest, or qualification, in data science/analytics
In other words, if you have an In-depth knowledge of multi-element deal structuring under ASC 606 and we just described you, then we’d love to talk!
What you’re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re driven, passionate and curious, we invite you to make a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.