[As of June 2020, Quora has become a “remote-first” company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the People Team:
The People Team at Quora is responsible for supporting the company in pursuit of our mission. We aim to hire and retain world class employees and to create an environment where they can do their best work. We strive to be innovators and leaders in our field. Our work is more important than ever as Quora transitions to being a remote-first company.
About the Role:
Quora is at the beginning of one of the most exciting chapters in our company’s history. We’re transitioning to a remote-first culture, with employees working from across the globe, collaborating on our mission to share and grow the world’s knowledge. We’re looking for a highly motivated, organized Remote Work HR Coordinator – Contractor to support our HR team in creating a remote-first culture. We’re not aiming to recreate the same experience we had when we were all in the same building together — we’re looking to create something much better. We want our remote-first culture to be a significant competitive advantage when it comes to recruiting, retention, and execution as a company.
The Remote Work HR Coordinator – Contractor will have the opportunity to be a part of creating the future of the company at a pivotal moment. Our ideal candidate will help plan remote cultural initiatives, support international new hire onboarding, and process employee transfers.
- Help build a remote environment where employees are motivated to do their best work and where we can still leverage the informal interactions and brainstorming that drive innovation
- Collaborates on programs and policies across the entire employee lifecycle in order to make them world class in a remote-first world (e.g. recruiting and HR processes)
- Enables international hiring and onboarding through administrative support
- Manages multiple HRIS instances to ensure accuracy and clarity for employees
- Assists with termination and offboarding processes
- Supports remote culture initiatives such as employee recognition programs and virtual events
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new domain areas and make data-based decisions in ambiguous situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Prior internship experience or role in the field of HR
- Experience working with an HRIS
- Experience creating and managing programs in prior role or extracurricular activities
- Experience working on projects with a high-degree of ambiguity
Browse the latest remote hr jobs open to anywhere in the world!!