Relive is an app used by more than 15 million people to track and share their outdoor adventures. We think that being outdoors and exploring the world around you is amazing for your mental and physical well-being, and we’re on a mission to get everyone exploring the outdoors and living a healthy and active life.
We’re growing fast (100% YoY for most metrics). We currently grow 100% organically via viral/word-of-mouth growth loops – users share an activity from Relive to their social media and that triggers their friends to sign up too. This works because our users love our product and love to share it with their friends and family. We are aiming to have more than 100 million users of Relive within the next 3 years.
👩🔬 Tech Leads at Relive
As a Tech Lead you’ll be leading 2 Full Stack Engineers in one of our 6 product teams. Each team consists out of a Product Manager, Product Designer, Product Analyst, Tech Lead and 2x Full Stack Engineers.
You will be in charge of making sure we build the product in the right way. That means:
- Scoping – The Product Manager, Designer and Analyst (the discovery trio) spend a lot of time doing (user)research and they dream up the perfect product. Before we start building, you help them to make sure we’re focussing on feasibility – finding the most effective way to do something, not overcomplicating things and enabling us to learn what we want. This is the moment to be a critical thinker.
- Architecture (performance, stability, cost) – As soon as you’re aligned on the scope, you focus on building it right. As our product is used by millions daily, it is extremely important you pick the right setup. After all, we can only make a positive impact on our users’ outdoor lives if we deliver high-quality software. You’re responsible for the performance, stability and costs of everything your product team ships.
- Leading engineers – Make sure the technical members of the team are happy, productive and have the opportunity to grow, so they can have the biggest possible impact on the business – by coaching them and providing technical mentorship and guidance.
Operational – Having flawless rollouts and a stable operation.Delivery: Ensure timely and stable rollouts — that means the dev team hits their targets and everything is tested and we’re able to monitor performance, stability and cost when we ship!
- Maintenance: Ensures stable operation — when shipped, we know a feature is working as expected, and have a way to find out if it’s not.
⭐ The highlights
We work in empowered and autonomous product teams. The teams are given clear focus areas, ambitious objectives, and the safety and trust to do amazing things. This gives everyone a chance to focus on having an impact rather than wasting time with meetings and red tape.
Our product is growing really fast. We grow 100% organically, our users love our product and share it with their friends and family. We’ve got huge amounts of data and users who love talking to us, you’ll never have to worry about too little data or not enough users willing to join an interview.
You get to have a visible impact on our product and our users. Your fingerprints will be on a product used and loved by millions of users around the world and you’ll get to see your code in the hands of our users in a matter of days.
If you want to work on a consumer product with insane growth and are ready to grow yourself and learn faster than you could ever imagine then Relive could be the place for you.
👍 Relive Teach Leads are:
- A technical problem-solver: An experienced engineer with technical expertise, not afraid to dive into new challenges. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards clean solutions.
- Passionate about the craft of software engineering and how you can use technology to ship high-quality products
- Clear communicators
- Critical thinkers
- User obsessed
👎 On the flip side, Relive Tech Leads are not
- Easily satisfied at the moment code “seems to be working”. Instead, you want to understand how and why things work so you can make the right technological trade-offs.
- Only excited about the latest and shiniest technologies.
- Engineers that like to throw their code over the wall. They care about what they built, that it works well, and that it has an impact on our users.
🙋 Who you are
This role is ideal if you have 5+ years of experience as a Software engineer, and for the last 3 years, you’ve worked in b2c mobile products with a large user base.
We’re expecting you to have at least 1 year of experience as a Tech Lead in a cross-functional team.
Technical-wise, we expect you to be experienced in:
working with React Native (Android and/or iOS) and Typescript on top of that;
building cloud infrastructure;
building APIs and backend services using Node.js.
We believe working at Relive should, just like our product, help you lead a healthy and happy life. It’s important to be able to work flexibly – where you work, when you work. Being able to head out for a run to clear your head, or being able to work from nature for a few weeks per year. How much time you spend in front of your keyboard isn’t what matters.
That’s why we work Remote. It means our way of working enables remote working for everyone. It’s up to you where and when you want to work. We trust you to spend your time wisely. All our rituals and teams are designed for remote working.
You can work in any country in the +/- 1 hour CET time zone range, as we’ve not mastered the art of working across many time zones and we don’t plan to invest our time in that challenge in the next few years. Like to have a change of scenery? You can work from any co-working space, no matter where you’re located. We’ll cover these costs.
We expect everyone on the team to get together a few times a year as we think it’s important to make in-person bonds to strengthen our relations. That means a few times a year you can expect to travel to spend time with your team, make connections, and have fun together.
🤙 Happy at Relive
✔ €65k to €85k salary
✔ Stock appreciation rights (SAR) that kick in after one year
✔ Lots of opportunities for personal growth and development
Our epic Explorers benefits
🌍 Live & work from anywhere in the -1/+1 CET time zone range
🏢 Unlimited use of any co-working space
🖥 Home office setup allowance
🕒 Flexible working hours
🙌 Two company retreats per year
👐 Cross-functional team meetups
🎓 Learning budget
💬 Referral bonus program
🐣 Parent-friendly culture
Relive is the platform for people who love the outdoors. Over 14 million cyclists, runners, hikers and skiers have joined Relive to share their passion and adventures.
We’re passionate about being outdoors, technology, sharing stories, and creating a company where we love to work. Bringing the best out of everyone, as a team. That means constantly learning new things, being flexible about when and where we work, and empowering each other to do the best work of our lives.
When doing things at Relive, we like to ship features and learn fast together – creating a product people love to use and share. This means a lot to us. We have an open team culture and a bias towards action. Relive was founded early 2016 by three friends. Today, we’re a young and fast growing team of 40+ people excited to bring Relive to the next level.