We are looking for a highly motivated, independent, and organized individual, with a passion for cross-border legal matters. Position will be located in Poland, UK, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Portugal, Romania or any EU country (Remote or Hybrid). Reports to Assistant General Counsel – Senior Legal Director and Global Data Privacy Officer located in Switzerland.
Responsible for delivery of legal services to business clients in Europe, liaising cross-regionally and cross-functionally to manage the commercial legal affairs of, and provide strategic and commercial legal advice to, business clients in areas, including below tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, prepare, revise, and terminate commercial contracts including, but not limited to, sales and rebate contracts, distributor and agency contracts, toll manufacturing contracts, non-disclosure agreements.
- Handle disputes and litigation proceedings, facilitate settlement of customer pre-suit litigation claims.
- Key participant on business clients’ M&A deal teams, provide legal counsel in connection with the establishment and management of joint ventures and other commercial relationships, support and lead post-closing integrations.
- Provide legal counsel on matters relating to debtor/creditor rights; facilitate resolution of collection and bankruptcy matters.
- Provide front-line counsel for business clients on the Solenis Global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance questions and issues relating to, for example, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act 2010; provide proactive compliance training, conduct internal investigations, and recommend remedial actions.
- Provide legal advice to, and effectively influence internal stakeholders with respect to GDPR and other privacy requirements.
- Manage front-line legal inquiries of employment and benefits, intellectual property and environmental/health/safety issues liaise with, and solicit advice from, specialists in those functional areas to address legal inquiries.
- Provide advice regarding works council and union matters; meet and negotiate with works councils and unions.
- Provide European corporate governance support; officer and/or directorships.
- Retain outside counsel; manage outside counsel’s delivery of legal services (substantive content and cost oversight).
- Fluent in English; any other language would be a plus.
- Law degree: common or civil law qualified attorney (admission to a bar is a must).
- Six or more years of law firm and/or in-house practice providing counsel to global business.
- Overall broad knowledge and experience in relation to commercial and corporate law, litigations, labor law, data protection laws (including GDPR), EU Whistleblower Directive implementation.
- International, cross-jurisdictional experience and exposure.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; experience advising executive leadership team members.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex legal concepts in a simple and concise way furthering Company’s business/strategic objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and influence change across businesses, functions, geographies and levels with a global and customer-focused mindset.
- Adept at driving new ideas and changing direction quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly developed critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
- Hybrid job mode
- Permanent contract after probation period
- Foreign languages lessons in the Office paid 100% by the Employer
- VIP private medical care by Lux-MED paid 100% by the Employer
- Transportation allowance / home office allowance
- Life insurance, Travel insurance paid 100% by the Employer
- Employee retirement plan (PPE) after trial period
- Sports card (Multisport) 50% financed by the Employer
- Employee Assistance Program for Employees and Families
- Company Social Found (occasional vouchers, co-financing of holidays)