FARO is an imaging company – and an imagining company. We envision a better, more insightful, and more powerful world realized through digital 3D means and measurement technologies. Right from the start, we have helped our customers make better decisions – faster and more accurately than anyone else in the industry.
We work with the largest companies on the planet to provide the solutions that enable them to overcome their most pressing industry challenges. In aerospace and automotive, we work with firms like SpaceX, NASA, Tesla and Volvo among others. In the construction industry, we work with the largest builders to scan and design astonishing projects. For public safety professionals, our forensics scanning tools solve crimes and document scenes with high tech gear you probably see on CSI and in the movies!
Learn more about FARO here
We believe that if it can be dreamed it can also be measured. And if it can be measured, it can also be realized.
We are seeking a React Software Developer (m/w/d), located in Germany or in Portugal.
How you will make a difference @ FARO
- Receive project goals, work with product owner and stakeholders to determine what is required to accomplish them and select tools needed. Break down project goals into deliverables, elaborate plan on how to achieve project goals
- Conduct code reviews to ensure quality, best practices and coding guidelines are followed by self and others
- Ensure all development efforts are integrated so that code is readily readable and maintainable by other team members as well as deployable to a production environment
- Test software for bugs and maintain the code. Reinforce and define testing process for writing unit tests to operate and test all elements of a software
- Work with Quality Assurance team members in order to replicate problems, debug, determine root causes and fix code to eliminate recurrences of problems probing
- Overall, exercise and contribute to levels of excellence in Software Engineering
This position requires
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with TypeScript
- Experience with React
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces and find creative solutions
- Good communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Passion for learning and keeping up to date with emerging technologies
- Understanding of software quality assurance practices and the importance of delivering high-quality software
- Understanding of software development methodologies and practices in an Agile Environment
- Knowledge of Cypress or Playwright is a plus
- Excellent English language skills
- In general, a permanent employment contract
- Full remote, Flexible working hours
- Other employee events and services (e.g. bicycle program, health days, sponsored sports events and charity runs, free drinks)
- Employee Reward & Recognition Scheme
At FARO, we are committed to encouraging different perspectives and ideas that foster innovation. We believe that we are strongest with a diverse team of employees. We want every FARO employee to feel our commitment to showing respect for all and encouraging open collaboration and communication.
Join us. Become part of a dynamic organization that values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.