Shogun is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world’s best remote company.
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we’ve seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds can belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse, unique perspectives and the best global talent. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
As a Quality Engineer at Shogun, your responsibilities include both analysis of the feature/product in test, creating and maintaining test cases, defining test approach and taking part in the Squads activities, ie Sprint planning, ticket grooming, bug triage and retrospective meetings. You also support our customers, responding to production issues, performing root cause analysis, and testing fixes.You will have the opportunity to create automated tests and when time allows, perform in-sprint automation.
What You’ll Do
- Learn the characteristics of our products or the features your Squad is working on and how they interact with different components.
- Assist in the creation and execution of Test cases for the feature under code, as well as run any regression test cases pertinent to the release.
- Documenting testing approaches and performing testing on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis by investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Work closely with your development teams, and offer inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
What You’ll Bring
Need to have
- 3+ years experience testing Web applications
- 3+ years experience writing test cases and test plans
- Experience or knowledge of Ruby, RSPec, Postman
Nice to have
- Experience testing eCommerce applications
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.