Permanent employee, Full-time · Remote
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer who will manage exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. You will design and implement tests, debug and define corrective actions, review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). Besides, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
We expect you to be able to build consistent and efficient tests, delivering them in time. You should also hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems.
- Prepare detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Plan and coordinate testing activities, thoroughly identifying and documenting bugs
- Build and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Organize testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Review debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Analyze the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Maintain relevant knowledge about new testing tools and test strategies
Knowledge and skills you need to have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a QA Engineer position
- Significant experience of working in software development teams and using software QA methodologies and tools
- Solid experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Significant experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Good knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development principles
Bonus points for the following:
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
WHY WORK AT FOSHTECH?
We are a diverse team of professional developers, designers, testers, architects and product managers who produce and maintain custom software that is built for business and built to last.