At Nortal, our driving force is a grand vision – to create transformative solutions that make a meaningful and far-reaching impact on people’s lives in the public and private sectors. Whether it’s revolutionizing tax systems, enhancing healthcare services, or streamlining government operations, our projects have already positively influenced the lives of millions of citizens in Estonia and beyond.
Nortal is seeking a Junior Project Manager to join us in tackling challenges and creating impactful success stories together.
As a Junior Project Manager, you play a crucial role in supporting and assisting the project management team in planning, executing, and closing projects efficiently. This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your project management skills and contribute to the success of our organization. This role is for you if you value cooperation, and stakeholders’ engagement, alongside technical and/or domain understanding of what the project is to achieve.
We offer you:
- Engaging, innovative, and challenging work, having a unique impact on the entire society.
- Great career opportunities with constant improvement, high-quality training to develop skills and gain new experiences.
- Opportunity to contribute to decision-making – people in charge are in the next room and the doors are always open.
- People-oriented atmosphere. We strive to create an environment where people can feel comfortable.
- Lunches with the team, participation in Nortal’s legendary events, team building, and room for spontaneous ideas and joint activities.
We at Nortal have always believed that never-ending and continuous improvement is at the heart of our growth. That is why we have a global network of role-based capabilities that supports and nurtures our learning and development practices in all locations. Whether you are a QA, an analyst, a developer, a project manager, or a product owner – get involved in your capability, and let’s grow together!
We hire people not only for their skills but also for cultural fit. We live by our values: commit to delivering value and results, take ownership, empower self and others, and own your future and growth. Besides our professionalism, we like to spice things up with good humor.
We prioritize your health & well-being by providing a flexible package for health insurance, sports, and massage services. We offer unlimited access to mental health professionals via the MinuDoc platform. We support your work-life balance and provide flexible working hours.
It’s your choice whether you want to work from the office or remotely. In Estonia, we have offices in Tallinn and Tartu, but with our Work From Anywhere program you have the freedom to work where you work best, and Nortal will help to cover the cost of ergonomic furniture for your home. We have also launched the Nortal Nomad program for people wanting to move for a short term to some other country. We offer 2-5 extra vacation days per calendar year based on your tenure at Nortal.
- Supporting the project manager and team in daily activities, assisting the planning and execution of projects from initiation to closure.
- Coordinating and scheduling project meetings, ensuring effective communication among team members.
- Collaborating with teams to ensure project goals and objectives are met within the defined scope, timeline, and budget.
- Fostering positive relationships with team members, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to maintaining comprehensive project documentation, including contracts, plans, reports, invoicing and meeting minutes.
- Generating timely and accurate project reports, presenting updates and performance metrics to clients and stakeholders, and ensuring effective communication and transparency.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Basic understanding of project management methodologies and tools, by understanding project management processes and what is applicable when and where.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to work under pressure.
- Detail-oriented, eager to learn.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- C2 level knowledge of Estonian and a good command of written and spoken English (C1).
- Adept at using common Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Some experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
- Previous work experience in IT as an Analyst and/or quality assurance is beneficial.
- And last, but not least- You have a healthy dose of humor.