We are looking for Weekend Warriors 💪 to support our growing customer base throughout the weekend and during the week. We are offering a flexible schedule in return, where you get to choose your working schedule Mon-Friday. So if you’re not a Monday morning person, that’s cool, you can pick the days that suit your lifestyle, with a choice of doing a 4 or 5 day working week.
As a Product Support Engineer, you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology. You are a problem solver looking for a challenge in a dynamic work environment. You have a deep understanding of Telnyx API’s and services we offer. You collaborate with our customers, business teams, and development teams, continually building upon and applying our deep technical knowledge and skills across our product suite at every level.
This is a unique opportunity to join our team and make a difference in a growing, innovative company.
In This Role You Will
- Monitor the network to handle any critical alerts in an efficient and timely manner.
- Troubleshoot quickly and efficiently.
- Provide information and solutions to customers.
- Work with customers with the highest standards of professional customer service.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- Strong customer-focus, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to assess problems and explain solutions.
- Continually looking to solve problems.
- Understand issues and requirements well in order to provide solutions.
- Outgoing and socially interactive.
- A team player looking to assist at any moment and to take the initiative.
- Balancing daily workload.
- Multi-tasker who can effectively prioritize work.
What We Value
- Networking knowledge.
- IP, NAT, SIP, Proxies, TCP, UDP, TLS, RTP.
- Wireshark knowledge.
- Understanding of tshark, wireshark, tcpdump, dumpcap, mergecap.
- Linux knowledge.
- General bash commands– ps, htop, ssh, scp, ls, chmod, chown, pipes.
- Understanding of Unix-like operating system’s file structure.
Technologies We Use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and Github.
Working Shift Setup
- 5 day week: 9 hour shift with 1 hour break OR 4 day week: 11 hour shift with 1 hour break
- Saturday & Sunday is a set working day
- 9am local to the region they’re applying for
- AMER – Chicago CT
- EMEA – Dublin UTC+1/UTC
- South & South East Asia – India IST
- Ocenia – Melbourne AEST
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.