BOUNDLESS – Product Manager
Fantastic opportunity for a Product Manager to join a VC-funded, remote-first start-up focussed on building the future of multi-country employment & payroll.
Boundless was born from the belief that people should have the freedom to shape their work lives without forfeiting their right to secure employment. We started by looking for ways to offer compliance across borders. It’s what our founders had all struggled with in previous teams, but along the way, we figured that this is about so much more than ticking compliance boxes and not getting in trouble. We have since been raising the bar of what great remote employment looks like. For each new country where we establish our employment & payroll infrastructure and build internal expertise, we try to set the gold standard of remote employment. Currently, 19 people across 7 countries are working hard to make that a reality and help democratise access to well-paid jobs worldwide. Together we are commanding a rallying call to companies that are changing the way work works.
We’re focused on filling the Boundless team with people who ‘get it’. People who have experience working themselves remotely or who have tried to solve this problem before. People who enjoy the quality of life that remote working offers, and want to help others do the same.
People who care.
This is an autonomous role on the product team, reporting to C-Level. You will work alongside all internal stakeholders, advocate for all of our users and help us to run a tight ship. The product team currently consists of our Product Design Lead, Brendan, Product Engineers, Piotr and Matthew and Co-Founders Emily and Eamon. The team is growing and you will help shape that growth.
The Boundless product is more than just the software that onboards and manages payroll for employees; our product offering revolves around delivering compliant employment. For each country that we cover, we provide employment contracts, communicate important employment obligations and guide our customers on how to be a ‘good’ employer based on the culture in that country. Key users of the product are, of course, the customer and the employee but also in-country partners (payroll, benefits etc) and Boundless payroll and HR teams.
We currently have systems in place to get feature requests through the pipeline to design, build and release but we need help in shaping that pipeline and delivering it more efficiently, particularly as the team grows.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Aligning internal stakeholders on the vision for our product and creating an actionable strategy for bringing it to production.
- Ongoing management of long and short term roadmaps.
- Thoroughly understand the problems you are working on through research and talking to users. Frame these problems for the rest of product team.
- Defining and tracking success criteria for features.
- Translating designs into actionable specifications to feed into the engineering backlog. Implementing phased approaches for larger pieces of work
- Management of feature release in conjunction with the marketing and customer success teams.
- Owning the delivery processes to get features from inception to release.
- Testing and acceptance of features in the short term to inform hiring plan for QA function.
- Shaping your own role as the product team grows.
Interesting projects on the roadmap right now:
- Kick off on product partnerships.
- Rollout of global and in-country benefits.
- Streamlining the internal invoicing and payments systems.
- Always, launching new countries.
- You have a background which gives you an understanding of payroll or HR, or both.
- You have strong experience shipping product in a start up or scale up environment.
- You can think deeply about product, design and engineering decisions; and you have a flexibility that allows you to move from thinking creatively to analytically.
- You have experience and opinions on implementing systems to execute in your role as project manager.
- You are extremely organised, pragmatic about getting things done and have the ability to recognise and prioritise work that is important.
- You are comfortable operating in a start up environment with a relatively high degree of uncertainty.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a high EQ.
- You have a growth mindset, and an insatiable appetite for learning.
- You have previously worked on a distributed team.
We ‘eat our own dog-food’! Boundless is a remote-first team.
That means that you can work remotely from any of the countries that Boundless supports – which you can see here: https://boundlesshq.com/how-it-works/countries/ (ideally in timezones which are + / – 4 GMT) and you will enjoy the security of having fully compliant employment conditions and statutory employment benefits.
Time Off – Everyone in the team is entitled to 35 days per year (including public holidays). Your well-being is high priority. You are encouraged to use this allowance and have a proper break to re-charge your batteries!
Boundless company holidays – We have 4 Boundless holidays per year – these are on the last Friday of the quarter. This means that everyone across the company has a day off together so that you can genuinely switch-off for the weekend in the knowledge that you won’t be receiving any Slack or email notifications!
Flexible working hours – We work a standard 8 hours day but our core hours are 11.00-15.00 Dublin time, where you are expected to be contactable – leaving you to fit in the remaining 4 hours whenever works best for you. At Boundless, we want our work to fit our lifestyles. We don’t believe in counting hours and we want everyone to focus on goals and achievements instead. We know that everyone has different needs when it comes to how they work, when they’re most productive, and how they manage their life. We’re all responsible adults, and we trust each other.
WFH/Co-work Stipends – So that you can set up from a co-working space if you prefer not to work from home.
Generous Equipment/Hardware Budget
Employee Assistance Program
Annual budget to attend events, meet-ups and conferences
Monthly remote team socials (under current Covid restrictions)
Quarterly International in-person team retreats when Covid restrictions allow
Industry benchmarked salary – We benchmark our salaries to the ‘industry standard’ for tech start-ups and we believe in offering a fair salary which not only reflects your value at your level of experience in your field but also your value to us.