At Silverfin we’re trying to apply the promise of software to the age-old industry of accounting. With our SaaS we’re automating a large chunk of the busy-work that accountants are currently handling manually, and are building new tools so they can provide better services to their customers. We aim to optimize their workflow in such a way that accountants can spend more time on the much more impactful and rewarding work of advising their customers, the business owners.
The good news is we’re succeeding in doing exactly that. Every day more than 15,000 financial service professionals use Silverfin to help and advise more than 200,000 businesses. Our customers adore us! The even better news is there’s still plenty left to work on, and that’s where we hope you come in.
At its heart, Silverfin is a technology platform which enables accountants around the world to optimise their processes for efficiency, combining and standardising data from a multitude of sources to allow workflow automation.
Data coming in from external sources like bookkeeping systems is enhanced by data captured via workflow templates built by our users within Silverfin and processed for example to create financial statements for businesses that can be filed with government authorities through our software.
Having started as a small business with a big idea just a few years ago, Silverfin is rapidly becoming the thought-leader and de facto international standard for connected accounting. Because of that, we have an increasingly big responsibility towards our customers, who being financial services professionals, depend on accuracy of information.
For us, this means staying on top of all data flowing in and out of Silverfin to ensure that our customers can always rely on being able to work with the most up-to-date information.
Each integration partner we work with makes data available to us in a slightly different format, which is only one of the many challenges we tackle everyday behind the scenes to help our customers streamline their workflows.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be joining a growing Product team in an industry that has only just started to be disrupted (by us!)
- You’ll ensure that our customers can rely on accurate & standardised financial data both within Silverfin and externally, ensuring data synchronicity via a two-way flow of information
- You will own the integration pipeline and prioritise update requests inline with business needs
- Determining which data points should be brought into Silverfin from third party APIs, you will help our engineering team decide the best implementation approach for new integrations
- You’ll own Silverfin’s financial data diagnostics and ensure optimal performance across all integrations
- Working with Support, you’ll identify common update requests which could be dealt with more efficiently by bringing more or better information into Silverfin
- You’ll work with our integration partners on how the integration ecosystem could be evolved for more efficient ways of working, getting APIs changed or extended
- You’ll own how data that was brought into Silverfin is handled and streamlined
- Building business cases, you will suggest new functionality that could be achieved via data integrations in line with our product strategy
A bit more about you
- You have a Product or Business Analysis background and have worked on financial data sets (experience with bookkeeping systems a plus)
- You have experience prioritising competing priorities and you can clearly articulate the thought process behind your decision making
- You are hardworking, diligent, and able to navigate highly complex processes, delivering simple, well thought through solutions
- You are an excellent communicator and empathetic to all your stakeholders in order to build the most efficient and effective product organisation
- You know your strengths and recognise there’s always more to learn
- Needless to say, you have experience working in a cross-functional agile environment and you can communicate clearly in English
- Your work hours have some overlap with EU business hours (we require your local timezone to be within CET +/- 3h)
- Accounting knowledge desirable
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- A competitive salary with additional benefits
- Generous personal annual training allowance
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Regular and fun team activities and after work
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday
- Cool office spaces in Ghent and London
Browse the latest remote product jobs on EU Remote Jobs