thoughtbot partners with organisations of all sizes to design, develop, and grow their software-based products and services. We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our EMEA team, which focuses on working on significant initial versions of new products for existing companies or complex new startups. This position is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere in the GMT to GMT+3 timezones to mirror our client locations
This product manager role at thoughtbot brings together three critical elements: business understanding, user experience and technical delivery. As a Product Manager at thoughtbot you will
- Work with clients and thoughtbot designers to help define and clarify product vision
- Work with clients and product teams to build out and continually refine product roadmap in line with our learnings
- Prioritise product design and development aligned with customer and business needs
- Support clients and team members through advising, agile project management, and regular communication across all stakeholders
- Responsible for leading account management and customer success through the whole lifecycle of the project from team onboarding, project delivery and offboarding.
- Work with clients to define KPIs measured to customer value
- Work with clients to set up best practices around product management process & culture
- Collaborate with design team to conduct and provide insights from customer and stakeholder interviews
- Facilitate user testing and set up analytics to be able to measure product performance.
- Work with Directors on building product management services, frameworks, and best practices for thoughtbot
- Assist Business Development on sales and scoping sessions
- Build thoughtbot’s reputation through workshops, and curriculum development for Product management skills
- Identify and build our relationships to partners that will enhance and improve our product management services
- Identify and escalate any delivery or commercial risks to the Managing Director
Because we’re looking for teammates who overlap with our clients’ teams working hours, this is a remote position available to anyone throughout the GMT through GMT+3 timezones. As a member of the thoughtbot team, you will also become a member of our global thoughtbot community. We are almost 100 designers and developers around the world with remote clusters in Boston, San Francisco, New York, Raleigh-Durham, Austin, Miami, Arizona, South America, and Europe.
thoughtbot works with companies in every step of the process to help identify and solve problems. We lead and participate in product design sprints, build high-quality apps, and then deploy them. We use emerging and effective technologies and methods on both internal and client projects. We believe that it is possible to continuously learn and improve the way people work while building higher-quality products that make positive contributions to the world.
Additionally, we maintain an inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive professionally, as well as have full lives outside of work. thoughtbot does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits. We welcome you to apply and let us know if you need any reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Want to dig deeper? Read more about our Purpose and Values, how we work in our Playbook, or check out this video to hear from our team.
Well-qualified candidates will have excellent knowledge of product management, the ability to translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, lead and facilitate product design sprints, user research, usability testing, and analyse market data to build out product roadmaps. In addition, knowledge of UI, UX, and frontend design skills.
Very well-qualified candidates will also have experience with consulting, and have a proven track record of attracting potential customers.
Our team works in a relaxed and educational environment to develop excellent products for our clients. We work a sustainable pace of 40 hours/week, consulting for clients 80% of our time. We also like to learn. Everything we do is predicated on having a great team and a culture of growing. We use the latest technologies and are always down to try new methods on both internal and client projects.
Browse the latest remote product jobs open to Europe, EMEA or globally, on EU Remote Jobs