Would you like to create the future of a product used by thousands of businesses and millions of consumers? Phorest Salon Software powers over 7,000 hair and beauty salons in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Australia, Finland and the USA and the platform processes 7 million appointments a month for hair and beauty consumers. Phorest is the number 1 salon software brand for premium independent salons in those markets and our next goal is to double our salon footprint to 15,000 salons, 15m monthly appointments and become a platform upon which other companies can build applications for premium salons.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience – from the in-salon software appointment calendar and CRM with a fully integrated marketing suite to staff apps to payments. We are also the window through which the salon provides their end customer with an amazing experience through custom native apps, eCommerce and online bookings. Why? Because we want to help salons find their dream clients and get them back more often and spending more.
Phorest’s Product and Development teams are growing rapidly along with our customer base which will double over the next two years. We are now hitting a stage where we want to scale up even faster to meet the huge opportunities ahead of us. You will play a critical role in that success by taking on a major area of the product and bringing it into the future to help us realise our product vision.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for creating an amazing experience which helps our clients to grow their business, makes their days less stressful and gives their end customers a premium experience with the salon. You will drive the outcomes for your area which make sure we do this well and that we grow the Phorest business as a result. Within Phorest we have an autonomous team set up where a product manager will be paired with a designer and a dedicated scrum team of developers to focus on one specific area of our product platform.
- Responsible for product definition, product scoping, product planning, delivery and ensuring that we hit and maintain the outcomes for your product area.
- Be the voice of the salon owner and their clients to drive the creation of the ideal client experience on behalf of salons.
- Talking to our customers and running consumer research, we expect you to become the voice of the customer by having real conversations, feedback and testing with real customers on all of your ideas before you build them.
- Using modern practices and all of the information available to you (across data, customer feedback, user testing, support and internal teams) you will discover the new features we need to build to move the company forward.
- Thorough discovery work to be carried out in order to ensure we are doing the right amount of thinking upfront – solving the right customer problems, uncovering risks and communicating scope early to the business.
- Use the data we have available to continually measure and improve features we ship. You will drive impactful metrics such as adoption, churn, salon performance rates and revenue for your area.
- Working with business, design and technical people to run an agile development team and deliver the best product possible.
- Help shape the roadmap for your area and work with the agile development team to execute on that roadmap.
- Actively manage and engage stakeholders across the business, inspiring others and generating momentum behind the product vision.
- Being someone who is a regular consumer of hair and beauty salons is a plus.
What do you need?
- 3+ years experience in a product management role
- Experience working in marketing products, consumer products or consumer booking products is a plus
- Experience working in an agile software development setup
- Experience with and being comfortable speaking to users; this role will require that you interact with users as much as you can.
- Experience doing thorough discovery with external and internal stakeholders.
- The ability to say no is a must, taking all feedback on board and being clear on what we can’t do so we can focus on what we need to do
- Ability to work closely with product designers to craft the ideal experience and with the marketing team to create the launch plans and collateral for a product roll out.
- Experience setting and tracking key metrics/outcomes for the commercial success of your product.
- Well developed communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade, build and maintain relationships.
- A can do attitude with a growth mindset and eagerness to learn.
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Be obsessed with usage data and how to find the points to improve.
- Experience working with mobile products is a plus.
- Your wellbeing is important to us – we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
- As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
- We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
- We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
- We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
- Career development is important to us. We even have our own in-house Learning and Development/Business coach and many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
- We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer business casual.
- We understand work/life balance is so important. We offer flexibility around working in the office or remotely. If you do want to join us in our office, we have an excellent city centre location which you can easily get to from all parts of the city
Browse the latest remote jobs > euremotejobs.com/jobs/