Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We are continuing to grow our internal analytics and insights team to ensure our people have the answers they need to steer our company through our next phases of growth. This position is for “north star” finders. You will report to the head of analytics and insights on the operations team and partner directly with our product team to lead research and influence roadmap decisions with compelling insights. Your deliverables will frequently be shared with others in client experience, marketing and other teams to educate the company on our user base. You will be expected to be tenacious pursuing insights all while driving clarity on how we think about questions and analysis in general. You will need to advance business relationships, recognise when to make tradeoffs and always guide others to make better decisions using data.
Ideal candidates will forge cross functional relationships and need to be very comfortable with product, process, tool and organisational changes in a constantly evolving and maturing environment.
- Build out reports and dashboards to highlight areas of top usage along with common user paths and other elements like OKRs to provide insights at scale
- Explore data with the goal of identifying improvements to drive business and customer value
- Identify, interpret and share patterns and trends in datasets to attribute key business drivers; turn findings into actionable recommendations to influence key stakeholders
- Continually consider and leverage additional dataset sources to improve the quality of findings and insights
- Validate data and leverage QA practices to ensure the integrity of your analyses
- Implement discipline to improve data literacy and add process to extend our data governance across the company
- Passion for data analysis, 2+ years of experience with qualitative and quantitative methods and statistics (e.g., correlation, cluster, factor, regression, etc)
- Experience with A/B, multivariate testing, control groups and isolating causality; with the ability to document and present to this detail
- SQL expertise to write complex and efficient queries to extract data for further analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both visually in charts and dashboards and packaged within presentations telling a story for varying levels of the organisation
- Practical experience with software development processes and tools to manage work
- Strong collaborator that will provide actionable, detailed feedback during our peer review process of work and deliverables
- Pragmatic with the right ideals to evolve our analytics function with a strong focus on immediate, high value results; along with the ability to work without continual guidance
- Able to travel for company and team gatherings at least a few times a year (assuming travel restrictions re-normalise)
QUALIFICATIONS THAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Experience with product analytics platforms such as Amplitude, Pendo, Aptrinsic, or similar
- Experience with cloud data warehouses (CDW like Snowflake) and test driven development frameworks with tests and code in warehouse data models, eg Data Build Tool (dbt)
- Experience with test driven development frameworks with tests and code in warehouse data models
- Experience with statistical software packages (e.g, R, Python, etc)
- Validation of advanced skill levels from recognised providers like Degreed or Pluralsight
Browse the latest remote jobs across Europe, EMEA and globally