With Prolific, we’re changing how research on the internet is done. Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
We’ve been part of Y Combinator’s Summer 2019 batch, we’ve recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we’ve been growing 4x a year purely through word-of-mouth, we’re already profitable and we have very ambitious plans. Come join our exciting company!
As a Product Designer at Prolific, you’ll work with one of our cross-functional product squads to improve the experience of users on both sides of our marketplace (researchers and participants). The ideal candidate will take a holistic view of user experience and be involved in customer interviews, integrating feedback, and designing functional and delightful user flows and features based on our user’s needs. To flourish in this role, it’s key that you are curious about people’s behaviour and are passionate about how great design can improve user productivity and enjoyment.
This is a chance to get involved in a fast-moving startup where you’ll have huge influence over the trajectory of the product. Since we’re a startup, you’ll have the opportunity to suggest how you can best add value and make recommendations about improving the processes and product. We’re a fast-growing company and we want to help you grow with us.
What you will be doing:
- Identify and solve customer problems through the definition and design of our product.
- Help determine how we can make our product more user-friendly, and how to enhance our UX in order to improve user conversion and retention.
- Define, conduct, analyze and report on user-centred design research and usability testing, and incorporate these into new designs.
- Contribute to and help maintain a design system and agile design processes, allowing us to rapidly experiment and iterate.
This will involve some or all of the following:
- Acquire a broad but also deep understanding of the motivations and behaviours of our users (both researchers and participants): How do they realize value provided by Prolific? Which frustrations and challenges do they face when using Prolific, and what could be solutions to these?
- Design interaction models, product flows and user journeys which allow our users to achieve their objectives in the most effective way possible.
- Design mockups ranging from sketches to high fidelity prototypes in order to propose and evaluate how Prolific’s UX could best be improved.
- Effectively coordinate with the rest of the product team to ensure efficient design “handover” to engineers.
- Evaluate prototypes and MVPs for user value, usability and feasibility.
- Communicate design decisions and the rational behind them throughout the company.
You will have:
- An excellent understanding of Product Design principles.
- Experience using wire-framing and design tools.
- Experience with prototyping and testing prototypes with customers.
- Experience with information architecture and interaction design.
- Experience creating UI designs with a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- Strong desire to contribute to the product’s design system, language and guidelines.
- At least 3 years experience in a Product / UX Design role.
What we offer:
- Meaningful equity allocation and salary depending on experience.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space (also paid for by us).
- Flexible hours: We have core hours of 10am – 3pm (with an hour for lunch), but the rest is up to you.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- Budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organization each year.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.