The Products Team at Docker is looking for a Product Designer to help excite our expanding developer community. As a Product Designer, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative, international environment where your design ideas matter. This role reports to our Head of Design and works closely with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to design, iterate, validate and produce a world-class experience that will impact millions of people.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and company leaders to take products from concept to launch.
- Explore divergent concepts to solve developer pain points while understanding how to scope the solution to build iteratively towards your vision.
- Perform competitive and comparative analysis to understand existing patterns.
- Understand our customers by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data and serve as their advocate when making design decisions.
- Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, visual design and other artifacts to agile development teams and refine as needed during project sprints.
- Prototyping designs for user research using low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Plan and conduct user tests and other design research activities.
- 1+ years experience as a key member of a Product/UX design team through the product-development cycle.
- Knowledge of the Design Thinking methodology and process.
- Proficient with Figma, Sketch, or the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as other UX design programs.
- Solid understanding of current web technologies and native desktop interaction patterns.
- Can demonstrate a strong, clean, elegant, and innovative design sense.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment a plus.
- Have previously designed consumer or developer products.
- Have experience designing a command line interface.
- Have worked within the constraints of a design system