Remote (+/- 2hrs from Germany GMT+1)
Secfix automates security compliance for SMBs in Europe. We help companies get and stay compliant with standards such as ISO 27001, GDPR, TISAX, and SOC 2 in weeks rather than months.
Our platform integrates with a company’s tech stack (such as GCP, AWS, Azure, Google Workspaces, Jira, Gitlab, etc.), automatically extract the data needed for compliance, and creates a checklist to become and remain certified. Our fastest customer finished their certification in 4 weeks instead of 12+ months, typically seen from older institutions.
We raised pre-seed funding from top German angel investors and recently closed a 3.8m EUR seed round from leading UK and German VCs after impressive growth. Now, the goal (with your help) is to become the market leader.
About the role:
As our Product Designer at Secfix, you will have the opportunity to shape the direction and success of the Secfix product from the ground up. You will be responsible for driving the design of our product and shaping the overall user experience, working closely with the leadership team to conceptualise, prototype, and refine new features and redesign existing ones. You will lead the design process from start to finish, working with the team to define and prioritise design solutions, and creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to communicate design concepts and gather feedback. You will also conduct user research and testing to validate design concepts and gather insights. You will contribute to the development and maintenance of our design system. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the overall experience of our product at a high level down to the details while having the support of a very talented and dedicated team.
Preferred experience & culture:
- Great taste for elegant and beautiful B2B SaaS product experiences
- Experience in a similar role at a high-growth startup or scaleup (10-100 employees) with a lot of ownership. Ideally, you were founding designer or a lead designer before.
- 3+ years of experience in product design, preferably in a data-heavy B2B software environment.
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping design work in complex enterprise-grade web applications and developer tools.
- You are general Kenobi of Figma. you know how to work with auto-layout . You can create and maintain complex design system across multiple pages. You have experience working on multiple versions of features.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work on the unknown.
- Hard-working and dedicated team player that needs little to no supervision, but enjoys working with a team toward a common goal.
- Experiences to work through design problems from end-to-end efficiently and create the entire experiences, not just designs. Your job doesn’t stop at feature being deployed, you are curious how it performs and why and if we should keep it.
- You have strong product skills. Experience in conducting user research and user testing, and using the insights to inform design decisions. Ideally, familiar with YC and talking to users methodology. You also know or are willing to learn how to write good product specs. Previous experience with setting KPIs and analytics in Mixpanel are a plus.
- Knowledge of startups and B2B SaaS products’ UI.
- Experience designing for developer tools
- Proficient in both oral and written English communication.
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap.
- Experience in brand design.
- Work directly with the co-founder and CPO/CTO to shape ideas, create designs and build the product roadmap
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to communicate design concepts and conduct user interviews weekly to gather feedback.
- Design and collaborate with engineering to implement new Angular UI components and improve existing ones
- Work with Customer Success to research and understand customer problems and pain points.
- Creating design guidelines for our products to ensure interface consistency across devices.
- Partner with marketing to create and implement new designs consistent with the product experience
- Study the user experience of direct and in-direct competitor products and apply learnings into quick prototypes.
- Designing beautiful, clear interfaces for the landing page and necessary marketing assets.
- Illustrating intuitive iconography for our applications
- Helping instil a design culture in the company as a whole — we want everyone to value and understand the role of design
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g., images, sketches, and tables)
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria for the engineering tickets and explaining the design implementation before development
We are very proud of our Secfix values – and look for candidates who share them. They are:
- We are obsessed with our customers. We start with the customer and work our way backward to create amazing products they love.
- We build everything in a smart way. We love working by YCombinator’s principles and preach those to our team.
- We create trust within our organisation. Transparency and ethics are within our DNA.
- We are hacky. A functional prototype delivered within 2 weeks is worth more than a perfect solution delivered in 2 months.
- We take ownership. Building a startup is about ownership and being accountable for timely delivery.
- We are leaders of remote work. We are passionately building a culture where people can be productive working from anywhere.
Benefits you get at Secfix:
- We are backed by top VCs and accelerators. Get direct access to world-class mentors.
- Industry-competitive base salary and generous equity package. We pay local rates that are at or above the market. We share this philosophy with GitLab.
- Secfix is run by international founders in Germany. We can help you move to Germany and get a visa or just hire you locally with our partner Deel. And we have a track record! Our Customer Success Manager moved to Germany from Brazil and our Account Executive from LA.
- Receive the latest tech equipment (MacBook, monitors, headphones)
- Health insurance
- Remote Workspace budget to make your home office great
- Access to co-working around the world
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- 26 vacation days per year, in addition to local Public Holidays
- 100% remote work – enhanced by our virtual office in Gather
- Virtual and on-site Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- A Personal Development Budget of 1,000 EUR per year – available for whatever you wish to support your health and fitness, mental health, and learning & development
- Have more ideas for perks? You can make them a reality at Secfix 🙂