Traveling is a core part of who we are. It excites us and we invest so much to explore the world and learn about what is around us. Even in times of the pandemic, travel persists as it is in our nature and we simply cannot live without it. Despite this fundamental need, planning your next great adventure is hard and time consuming – surprising given that we have so much technology and travel experts out there at our fingertips.
Origin is reshaping the travel industry by catering to the most discerning travelers who yearn for tailored and unique experiences. We personalize trips to their needs by providing a high touch service that is highly scalable and more capable than any other travel service available today. We understand the traveler’s needs and give them their ideal adventure with a seamless app experience and a team of travel advisors to back them up. We are breaking a broken system to reinvent it.
Reinventing the way people get inspired, plan, and book travel requires a LOT of complex problem solving. Lucky for us, that’s where you come in. We’re searching for a product designer ready to help turn complex problems into elegant and intuitive experiences by bringing their own unique talents to our product design team.
Customer advocate – People who experience your designs should feel like we really know them. That’s possible when we keep our curators and customers (and people who aren’t yet our customers) at the core of all our designs.
Design thinker – You’ll lead human centered design activities to frame real business problems and customer hypotheses, prototype low fidelity ways of solving that problem, and then design full scale experiences that serve Origin curators and customers.
Maker – Foremost, you’re a designer who is thoughtful about end-to-end interactions that will delight customers. You obsess over the details. You think across channels and aren’t afraid to go outside your comfort zone to design in new ways. You’re passionate about design, telling product stories and solving problems for people.
What you will do
- Help to define the user experience of new and exciting products and features.
- Create interaction and visual design solutions that address user, business, and brand requirements.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Collaborate with software engineers to bring ideas to life.
The ideal candidate
- 3+ years of experience designing outstanding consumer products.
- Thorough understanding of interaction design patterns related to web and mobile design.
- Strong understanding of design foundations complimented by strong visual skills.
- Portfolio featuring examples of UX and UI work.
- A belief that getting it right is better than being right.
- If you’re interested in joining the team, please apply and submit a link to an online portfolio.