We’re seeking a talented product designer with a flair for simplifying complexity to help us deliver key improvements to our products
We are looking for a talented Product Designer to help us deliver key improvements to our enterprise web application and mobile apps while working with our product designer to shape and rollout our design system.
We’re seeking someone with a flair for improving UIs; updating existing elements, components, pages and flows to deliver new business and customer needs, while helping us define and apply unified styles and patterns across our products.
Cora PPM houses complex business logic that helps some of the world’s leading organisations understand and manage their projects and portfolios — it is vast and has a lot of moving parts. You will design and prototype the user-facing aspects of this functionality, stripping complexity from the user experience while solving customer problems and delivering great business outcomes.
You should be comfortable with complexity and can think about the big picture while being attentive to detail. You will identify opportunities for improvement, helping to define UI patterns and apply them across the product(s). We’re at an early stage of our Design System journey but have big plans.
Day to day, you will work with the product owner, product designer, business analysts and developers to shape requirements, estimate and plan work, review designs, contribute to the design system and determine the best ways to validate solutions.
You will also collaborate with the project managers, developers and test engineers to understand technical capabilities and address issues.
We’re building our UX research capabilities and someone with hands-on research skills will be at an advantage. We’d love to hear about how you used research methods to identify problems and validate solutions.
- Gather requirements from customers, stakeholders and the product team
- Help define goals and objectives for design solutions
- Design key improvements to our enterprise product and mobile app
- Create prototypes and test them with internal and external users
- Contribute to our design system and guidelines across web and mobile
- Plan and carry out UX research to help us better understand our users
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, dev, support, marketing, sales and QA to identify pain points and come up with ideas to solve them
Required Skills and Experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your skills and experience
- Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered
- Fluency in at least one UI design application.
- We use Abobe XD for design and basic prototyping
- Proficiency in at least one prototyping application or process
- We turn to Axure when things get interesting
- UX Research knowledge is a must. Proven experience is preferable
- A problem-solving attitude and persuasion
- Ability to work remotely, independently, prioritise tasks and meet ambitious deadlines
- Excellent communication skills. You can articulate and defend design decisions to diverse stakeholders and customers in plain English
- Knowledge of SDLC and Project Management will be helpful
- CSS / SASS experience will land you brownie points with the developers
Who are we?
Established in 1999, Cora Systems is a software company that specialises in web-based solutions and consultancy services around portfolio, programme and project management. We transform our customers’ business by giving them greater control, insight and governance in relation to their business operations through the use of technology and expert consultancy. Our customers range from government agencies to large-scale global organisations, in life sciences, healthcare, technology, engineering & construction sectors. We operate in over 70 countries across the globe with thousands of users relying on our systems daily. We have offices in Virginia (US) and London (UK) and are headquartered in Carrick on Shannon, Ireland.
Cora is 100% dedicated to client implementation success. We adopt a consultative approach to solving our customers’ pain points, ensuring we fully understand their requirements. Cora has deep industry experience and draws on two decades of R&D and implementation experience for our installations. We have industry experts for each vertical market we serve. Senior project managers run our implementations, which are delivered with Cora-certified education and training. Crucially, we can rapidly deploy “out-of-the-box”, best-practice project and portfolio management solutions so clients get faster ROI.
The Cora Culture
Cora culture is centred around our people, our clients and innovation. We have a dynamic and driven team who have a passion for client success. Our behaviours are what helps us to deliver the highest quality products and services and sets a standard for how we interact with our clients, colleagues and other stakeholders.
Cora Systems has the feel and drive of a start up as we have a fun and hardworking culture plus a diverse workforce. We have been in business for 20 years and have a very strong and loyal customer base. Wanting to increase our footprint in the market, we are going through an intense growth phase at the moment which leads to this fantastic opportunity for anyone that wants to join a vibrant team and help create award winning software.
How to Apply
Please send your CV, a link to your portfolio and a few words about why this role interests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the role, feel free to contact us at the email address above, or on our social channels.