Design at Stripe
We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet, and that opportunities are not equally distributed throughout the world. We also think building and growing a business online is a problem rooted in code, language, and design—not finance.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our growing Design team.
The Design team works across many types of product initiatives at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, primary qualitative and quantitative research, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
About the team and role
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to lead our design efforts and help define the vision, product strategy, and user experience of a new, yet to be announced product space. As part of the Stripe product team, you’ll be joining a team of engineers, product managers and designers who have built products at companies such as Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Venmo, Flipboard, Rdio, and Google. This will be the first Design hire for our EMEA region.
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our upcoming initiatives
- Work closely with designers on your team to develop and expand product design systems
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Focus on what you do best — whether that’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs, or code—and you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
- Partner closely with our user research team, drive and support UX research projects
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements that shape a product
- Structure and facilitate ideation workshops for an emerging product category
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have an exceptional portfolio demonstrating strong product and visual design sensibilities and experience in creating concepts, customer journeys, specifying interaction details, and prototyping internally and with users
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Have experience designing for business and developer-focused products
- Are an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Can prototype experiences, including the ability to gauge the appropriate fidelity for the objective
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until it is pixel-perfect
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of Stripe
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Have 5+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
Find the latest remote jobs here >>> euremotejobs.com/jobs/