Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
Our team is seeking a Privacy Specialist to assist with a broad range of data protection and privacy compliance issues. The role involves advising internal clients on the various data protection related risks, obligations, and other privacy compliance issues, as well as interacting with our external clients on all privacy related issues, queries and documents. The successful candidate will be one who can provide pragmatic advice beyond the letter of the law, helping our business grow compliantly and in a cost-effective manner.
This position requires the successful candidate to live and work in the UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland or the Netherlands. Applicants must have and provide Degreed (prior to commencing work) with his/her authorization to work in the UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland or the Netherlands.
- Inform and advise on existing and developing privacy regulations applicable to Degreed, including but not limited to GDPR and GDPL compliance.
- Manage, monitor and maintain internal policies related to data privacy, including but not limited to privacy policies and cookie policies.
- Educate and train employees who are involved with processing personal data.
- Provide advice to cross functional teams, such as IT security, marketing, product development and data science on compliance with relevant data privacy laws.
- Maintain records of processing activities.
- Handle any data subject, data controller or supervisory authority requests and/or concerns.
- Review and negotiate any contractual terms related to privacy, including but not limited to DPAs.
- Track and report on Degreed’s obligations as it relates to applicable law and/or relevant contractual provisions.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years experience in privacy role in a multi-national company, preferably a SaaS or tech company
- Law degree preferred, but not required
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to work on broad variety of legal matters and collaboration with various teams and divisions
- Good working understanding of IT and Saas products and practices to protect data during processing activities
Browse the latest remote legal jobs on EU Remote Jobs