At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Global Privacy Senior Corporate Counsel is a member of the Global Ethics & Compliance Team, which is a part of the Jabil Corporate Legal Department .
This is a critical leadership role, supporting the Global Privacy Team in identifying and executing strategic priorities and Jabil in providing guidance in data privacy, consistent with Jabil values and the expectations of data subjects.
This role will involve close interaction and regular contact with all functions of the organization globally which undertake or influence the processing of personal data including Human Resources, Information Technology, Security, Operations, Business Units, and Communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide first level advice and guidance to employees and production teams across the business/regions in relation to data protection and privacy
- Monitor changes to laws, regulatory expectations and enforcement trends across all regions and assess their potential impact on business activities.
- External Privacy requests
- Evaluate and respond to requests
- Manage data subject rights requests
- Data Privacy Audits
- Organize and support the EU Annual DPO audit
- Organize and support local country Privacy audit initiatives
- Organize and track the global audits’ remediation plans and follow-up actions
- Support privacy incidents management activities
- Collaboration with outside counsel when necessary
- Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- Carry out Privacy Impact Assessments for high-risk projects and productions and work with Information Security team to ensure appropriate due diligence of suppliers.
- Together with the Privacy Program Manager, support the IT Compliance group with the identification of new DPIAs if necessary
- Together with the Privacy Program Manager, identify any missing DPIAs and work with relevant team to fill the eventual gaps
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive enterprise-wide privacy program within Jabil
- Maintain comprehensive internal data protection policies and procedures, consistent with local legislative requirements and wider Jabil group strategy
- In relation to new legislation, regulatory guidance and/or compliance frameworks, undertake a gap analysis and oversee the implementation of applicable requirements across the business
- Oversees the management of the internal privacy portal
- Ensure all relevant policies, guidance notes, templates and forms are readily accessible by all staff
- Communicate any policy updates and relevant developments initiatives to staff to maintain awareness across the business
- Oversees the management of the Data Processing (ROPAs) and Incident / Risk Registers
- Ensure a record is maintained of significant data processing across the business and different sites
- Identify and manage associated risks
- May perform other Privacy / Compliance duties and responsibilities as assigned:
- Compliance program
- Compliance training
- Compliance investigations
- Lead outside counsel relationships as necessary
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- The job reports to Management. Direct manager job title(s) typically include: Associate General Counsel
- Depending on the candidate’s profile, potential responsibility for managing other employees.
- Comprehensive understanding of global privacy and data security laws, particularly in EU, US, and China
- Law degree, and if applicable, member of state or national bar in good standing
- Certifications such as IAPP in Data Privacy / CIPP (E)/ CIPM/ CIPT/ C-DPO
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in multi-jurisdictional privacy law, preferably in a law firm or with a global company
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passionate, customer oriented, continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and sometimes under pressure
- Well organized and sense of priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Fluency in English required: written and oral communication
- Other language requirements may apply, depending on location
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.