ABOUT THE AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource – its people. Fuelled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared moonshot vision to harness Africa’s abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and investing in 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders by 2035. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 and his partners. The Group has also been recognised by Fast Company when ALU was awarded as 2019’s most innovative company in Africa for “remaking education for a new era”. As a Group, our focus is to continue scaling this mission at a pace never seen before.
AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP BENEFITS
- A chance to make history: Become part of the team who is developing 3M leaders for Africa and help us convert a potential crisis into an era of global innovation & prosperity
- A powerful network: Join our powerful network of thousands of talented individuals who are living impactful lives across industries and geographies
- Professional development: Get access to the learning programs that made us the most innovative company in Africa for “remaking education for a new era”
- A talented & diverse team: Join a group of top performers coming from across the world and work alongside them in a fast-paced, impact-driven, environment
- Autonomy & empowerment: Enjoy the autonomy of working remotely and be empowered to achieve clear and ambitious goals in an outputs-driven organization
YOU WILL THRIVE AT ALG IF…
- Initiative & Courage: You have an owners’ approach and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners’ mindset and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life, you have a growth mindset and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Emergent Leadership: You are aware, and can manage, your emotions and those of others very well, you also have an empathetic, collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
ABOUT THE JOB
- Join a band of Rockstars: We are entrepreneurial, curious, passionate, and self-driven global rockstars, and if you are too, we’d love to see you on stage!
- From garageband to Coachella: Are you ready to rock? This is a unique opportunity to break your own boundaries and upscale yourself in a forward-thinking and disruptive start-up.
- The world is your stage: You know how you perform best. Rock from home, your favourite coffee shop, the top of a mountain or a remote island, we encourage you to find your happy place!
- Master of your time: Time is precious – make it count. Work at your own time, whether you are a morning person or a night owl!
- LECOR Rights: These are your fundamental tribal rights at LECOR:
- FUN: We want you to do what you love and love what you do.
- FREEDOM: We believe the best journeys are those where you can set your own course at your own speed
- FEEDBACK: Help us to improve and let us help you to improve.
JOB MISSION & GOALS
The mission of the Privacy Manager is to Shape and implement our data protection strategy
- Build the bridge between data protection requirements and disruptive business needs
- Operationalize our privacy initiatives
- lead internal stakeholders through reviews of operations that involve processing personal data to ensure compliance with data privacy laws;
- Maintain ALI’s data protection documents and records
- Maintain and update records to comply with the company’s legal duties
- Define privacy requirements and helping product development teams to embed Privacy by Design into the product development cycle
- Carry out (or manage) Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) of new and existing data processing activities
- Identify and highlight data protection risks and develop commercially pragmatic mitigation strategies
- risk-assessing third-party vendors that receive and process personal data from ALX & The Room
- Organise (and possibly deliver) data protection awareness training for teams across the business
- You possess a law degree, engineering, science, or data-related fields.
- You have +4 years experience working for a boutique law firm consulting firm or start up
- You have one or more professional certifications related to privacy such as Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP);
- You have an understanding of European and other international data protection laws, particularly the GDPR
- You have experience in one or more of compliance, legal, IT, data, cybersecurity, or project management
- You have experience conducting DPIAs and identifying applicable privacy requirements to IT projects and business practices
- Magician mindset: Things are never what they seem to be.
- Spartan mindset: No retreat, no surrender!
- Rockstar mindset: The show must always go on!
- Lego Builder mindset: Every piece fits somewhere; every piece is movable
- Master Yoda mindset: Do or do not, never try.
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job 😉