🌍 Can you help us change the world?
Yes, you read that correctly. It sounds grand, but we’ve got big ideas at Mews. We’re transforming the world of hospitality, re-imagining the industry with a best-in-class cloud-based property management solution for hotels, hostels, apartments, and so much more.
We’re on the lookout for ambitious, tenacious and passionate people who want to join the next generation of innovators and disrupt the hospitality industry with us. Sound good so far? If you’re a Digital Marketing Specialist, keep reading and tumble down the Mews rabbit hole… 🐇
🧑🏻💻 About the role
First things first: you want to know what you’re actually applying for. It’s impossible to capture every nuance of a role – especially at a rapidly growing company like Mews – but if we had to distil it down to a job description (which we do, because this is a job description), it would be this:
We’re looking for a PPC & SEO Manager to drive the acquisition strategy of Mews. Working as part of the Marketing team, the successful candidate will have responsibility to develop and optimize paid campaigns, lead SEO activities, create email campaigns, and support other digital marketing activities. This is a wonderful growth opportunity with a very visible role within the team and the business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategy and setup of all paid campaigns across search, display, social and retargeting networks
- Optimising campaigns across multiple channels to deliver the best return on investment
- Tracking KPIs and producing useful reports for management
- Run SEO technical audits and optimizations
- Manage both on-page SEO and off-page SEO for the company
- Work with our SEO content agency to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms
- Create and launch email campaigns from concept through to delivery and analysis
- Measure and report on the performance of digital marketing campaigns and assess against ROI and KPI
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3+ years of experience in a similar position involving defining, managing and executing B2B digital acquisition strategies
- Solid experience of online advertising platforms and related metrics
- Experience with SEO and monitoring tools, with the ability to analyze results
- Email marketing experience, preferably within the B2B sector
- Highly organized and demonstrating a track record of delivering digital innovation
- Open-minded and flexible, with a positive attitude toward new challenges, and a willingness to learn, embrace new technologies and business change
- Strong problem-solving skills are essential, along with an ability to manage a varied workload, to tight deadlines
🎉 What’s in it for you?
Did you know that Mews was voted the Best Place to Work in Hotel Tech in 2021? You do now. Most of that is down to our inspiring team, but part of it is because of some pretty amazing perks. As well as awesome colleagues and stimulating work, you’ll get:
- Company shares 📈
- Unlimited holiday (no, this is not a typo) 🏖
- Health and wellness plans 🙏🏽
- Flexible Benefits via Ben Platform 📖
- Remote/flexible working 🧘🏻♀️
- Regular team events, socials and a legendary annual company gathering, Mews Con (the only con that’s actually a pro) 🥳
🤷🏻 Who is Mews?
We want to get to know you, so it’s only fair we tell you a little bit about ourselves first. We were founded in 2012 by a team of former hoteliers, and since then we’ve been transforming hospitality for both hotel staff and guests.
Essentially, Mews is a powerful software platform that acts as a central nervous system for hotels, hostels, apartments and more. We use smart tech and automation to make day-to-day operations easier for hoteliers, so they can focus on the thing that really matters: providing remarkable guest experiences.
More than 2,000 properties across 60+ countries are powered by Mews, with more joining every week. Bookings, payments, operations, guest management – everything a hotel needs to operate can be done through our solution. We work with some amazing hotels, including Sage Hospitality Group, Machefert Group, The Student Hotel, and Tsogo Sun Hotels.
Life at Mews
That’s what we do, but what about who we are? Mews’ culture is special and difficult to capture in words, which makes writing this tricky. You’ll experience the freedom to be yourself and the ability to watch your ideas come to life. You’ll have an open line of communication and an open invitation to after-work drinks, be they virtual or in-person. Sometimes the work can be challenging and there can be a lot of it, but you’ll always be able to rely on those around you.
Yes, we’re ambitious and we move fast, but we know the value of fun and taking a breather. Every month we have a Wellness Wednesday, a day off that you can use to boost your health, whether that’s a long lie-in, a trip to the gym, or anything in between. We have slack channels for almost every interest imaginable, and an all-company meeting every Friday gives you the chance to ask any question to our leadership team. Oh, and we love our pets. To get more of an idea what life at Mews is like (and to see dozens of cute cats, dogs, and hamsters), check out our Instagram.
We’re guided by our five key values; if you see yourself in them, it’s time to get in touch.
We truly believe that great technology can make the entire human experience better.
We’re tough. The workload might be heavy, but with one foot in front of the other, we can handle an intensity workout.
We’re innately curious. We read, we discover, we ask questions, we challenge assumptions, and we’re obsessed with the word ‘why’.
We’re an open book. We share our work and experiences with one another, as well as our community.
You can’t take risks if you’re afraid to fail. We all make mistakes. The key is to learn, get feedback and improve.
✊🏼 Everyone is welcome at Mews