Alo! Airalo is the world’s first eSIM store that helps people connect in over 200+ countries and regions across the globe. We are building the next digital service that revolutionizes the telecom industry. We are a travel-tech company and an equal-opportunity environment that values and executes diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our team is spread across 40+ countries and six continents. What glues us together is our commitment to changing the way you connect.
We hope that you care deeply about the quality of your work, the intrinsic worth of tasks, and the success of your team. You are self-disciplined and do not require micromanagement in terms of your skillset and work ethic. You do your best to flourish as an individual every day while working hard to foster a collaborative team environment. You believe in the importance of being — and staying — authentic, honest, positive, and kind. You are a good interlocutor with clear and concise communication. You are able to manage multiple projects, have an analytical mind, pay keen attention to detail, and love to get your hands dirty. You are cognizant, tolerant, and welcoming of vulnerabilities and cultural differences.
About the Role
Position: Full-time / Employee
Benefits: Employee Stock Options, Health Insurance, work-from-anywhere stipend, annual wellness & learning credits, annual all-expenses-paid company retreat in a gorgeous destination & other benefits
As a People Director, you will be responsible for all day-to-day people-partnering matters and be a key driver for change & operational excellence, aligning business & people strategies to develop a pleasant, rewarding & high-performance culture within Airalo. You’ll be working closely with our founders, C-level executives, VPs & Directors of your assigned tribe, as well as the entire People & Talent team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage a team of People Managers, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment;
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support to ensure the team achieves strategic objectives and individual professional development;
- Develop and execute HR projects within various pillars, including Reward and Recognition, Performance Management, Training & Development, Internal Communications, Wellness, and Employee Lifecycle. This includes; onboarding, contract Management, and offering an optimal, welcoming & automated onboarding experience to all our people;
- Align HR initiatives with organizational goals, ensuring seamless integration and impact;
- Play a key role in shaping and executing the organization’s People strategy. Stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies, contributing insights to enhance the effectiveness of the People function;
- Drive and manage change initiatives within the People team and across the organization, ensuring a smooth transition to successfully impact employee engagement and retention;
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team to attract, recruit, and retain top talent;
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the effectiveness of the People programs;
- Generate regular reports and analyses to inform decision-making and identify areas for improvement;
- Ensure HR practices comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- Oversee the design and implementation of training programs that enhance the skills and capabilities of Airalo’s team members to build a high-performance workforce;
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies and policies that enhance people’s experience;
- Oversee and support the upkeep of the communication channels and management systems across the organization;
- Collaborate with senior leadership to identify and develop potential leaders within the organization, ensuring a pipeline of talent for key roles;
- Implement strategies to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment for all employees;
- Collaborate with leaders from various departments to understand their People’s needs and provide strategic HR support aligned with the overall business strategy;
- Implement innovative solutions to enhance the People team’s efficiency and effectiveness;
- Consolidate and manage comprehensive records of both personal and professional information for all team members using diverse tools and systems. Additionally, meticulously document and uphold all processes and procedures through adherence to the company’s standardized documentation process;
- Consult with team members & leaders to address & resolve the root causes of any human resources issues objectively & impartially.
- A proven track record as a senior leader responsible for leading a People team. Ideally with 10+ years of experience in a people leadership role;
- A proven track record of exceptional execution skills, adept at navigating projects to successful completion;
- Self-driven, optimistic, and keen to work as part of a professional and closely-knit team while highly organized with excellent time management skills;
- Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for surpassing expectations, consistently striving to exceed assigned responsibilities. Committed to executing all tasks within the People team’s purview in a world-class manner, dedicated to providing the Airalo team with an unparalleled experience;
- Proven experience in strategic HR plans and solutions, dealing with organization strategies and complex business/HR-related topics;
- Strong stakeholder management, interpersonal, and communication skills with all levels of seniority in a cross-functional & global environment;
- Effective & analytical mindset, creative and pragmatic problem-solving skills with strong business acumen & user-centric philosophy;
- Experience with HRIS, HCM & other tools, ensuring the highest level of confidentiality & accuracy on personal & professional information.
Good to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or similar relevant field;
- Experience in the travel tech and/or telco industry;
- Possesses a keen affinity for HRIS and Management tools systems, finding enjoyment in navigating and optimizing these systems. Serves as the champion within the People team, adept at training newcomers and ensuring that all team members utilize systems in the most effective and efficient manner possible;
- Relevant HR certifications (iHRP, CIPD, SHRM, etc);
- Additional written/spoken languages.
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for submitting their interest in this opportunity with Airalo.