We inspire people to keep learning.
Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts, and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
Main Location: Berlin or Remotely within EU
Remote Policy: Work from Berlin, or anywhere in the EU – with a preference for Germany, Spain, or the UK. We have a highly flexible remote work policy.
Team: People & Culture – People Development
# NOTE FROM THE HIRING MANAGER
“At Blinkist, we want to become one of Europe’s most engaging workplaces. The purpose of our People Development team is to drive high engagement by enabling meaningful and continuous development of our people through effective processes, custom-built frameworks, engaging training, and individual support. We’re looking for a generalist to join our team of 2. You will mainly focus on engagement, talent management, and learning and development. ”
# WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build – You will lead organizational development projects and develop company-wide people processes, frameworks and training that fit our People strategy and objectives based on data and research
- Educate & Facilitate – You will design and facilitate workshops, training and learning videos that are engaging, informative, educative and remote-friendly
- Coach – You will support and guide Team Leads in developing their teams by observing, listening, asking questions and empowering them to find solutions
# WHY YOU?
- You have a passion for all things people! You are excited about the challenge of developing and retaining the best talents on board and helping shape the future of the organization
- You consider strategic thinking, self-management, project management, resilience, facilitation, excellent interpersonal skills and a data-driven mindset as some of your biggest strengths
- You balance a strong analytical mindset with a getting-things-done attitude –which means that you can listen, deconstruct complex topics, articulate problems, and facilitate or take next actions
- You refuse to choose between “people-first” and “business-first” and always find the best compromise between the two
- You are a great team player –eager to share your work and knowledge, as well as provide and receive feedback from other team members
- You are passionate about embracing, cultivating and enhancing the unique culture we have developed at Blinkist and see the People team as a key contributor to this
- You are curious to learn, develop and grow with us as we take Blinkist to the next level of growth, impact and inspiration
# GREAT TO HAVES
- You have 3+ years of experience within HR, people development, employee engagement or talent management in an environment that puts people first
- You have worked at rapidly changing workplaces and feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- You can write, read and speak English at a fluent level
- [BONUS] You have deep knowledge and experience with at least one of the following topics: organizational development, talent management, remote work, mental health in the workplace
- [BONUS] You are a certified coach and/or trainer
- [BONUS] You can write, read and speak German at a fluent level
# WHY BLINKIST?
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept our differences — we celebrate and support our diversity. We are committed to fair and inclusive hiring practices and want to provide equal opportunity.
We created our own Blinkist Operating System that fosters a unique company culture. Our core values, empowerment, accountability, personal development, direct communication, and transparency guide our day-to-day work. You have the opportunity to accelerate your career and create a true impact within your field.
Work how you work best and never stop learning. You benefit from perks like the yearly learning budget, remote support, up-to-date hardware, public transport ticket, and access to partner apps. Our cook Ed prepares free and healthy lunch for us at the office. And, you can take time to recharge – with flexible work policies and 30 annual vacation days.
# APPLY NOW
We embrace a hybrid way of work where you can choose to work remotely, from home, or the Blinkist office. For candidates wishing to relocate to Berlin, we support both relocation and visa processes.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply online now. We can’t wait to hear from you!