GitLab’s DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The payroll department is responsible for processing and distributing payroll in a timely and accurate manner and coordinates with external vendors including payroll processing platforms, payroll partners and PEOs and internal customers including PeopleOps, Tax, Legal and Accounting. The payroll department is responsible for reports, earnings information and other payroll data on a recurring basis as well as compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you’ll do in this role
- Extends the Payroll Specialist Responsibilities
- Own and process payroll, including tax changes, direct deposits, loan repayments, deductions, retroactive adjustments, prorated payments, bonuses, fringe benefits, special pays, etc.
- Process 401(k) and benefit changes
- Responsible for data integration between HRIS and payroll systems
- Register new state/local/SUI tax withholding account with local tax agency
- Responsible for Washington and Ohio worker compensation insurance on annual and quarterly basis
- Ensuring compliance with all compensation and tax regulations
- Responsible for quarterly tax reconciliations for federal, state, and local
- Responsible for managing Family leave and Medical leave for states
- Responsible for month end reports
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes
- Stay current on state, federal and local payroll and tax laws
- Support year-end reporting tasks
We’re looking for
- 3-5 years payroll processing experience
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and establish relationships cross-functionally
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.