About the job
We are looking for a highly structured and all-round Operations Manager seeking to define and build operational processes at Heights.
We’re here to help you do more of what you want, for longer in your life, by making braincare simple.
You might spend hundreds a month on skincare, but not a penny on your brain? That’s where Heights comes in. The wellness industry is worth over a trillion dollars. Let’s put some of that towards our heads.
We’re building a new paradigm, putting braincare on the map through our unique mix of science, community, content, and direct-to-consumer products that work as well for individuals as they do for the planet.
Most supplement regimes are hard to maintain. We’ve experienced that ourselves, and want to make it easy for everyone to enjoy the benefits of good nutrition. We also work with experts to create clever, useful content with ideas for looking after yourself better, every day.
Our Chief Science Officer, Dr Tara Swart (world leading neuroscientist, best selling author, MIT lecturer) and Head of Nutrition Research, dietitian Sophie Medlin (Chair of London Dietitians Association), have combined to create the top-rated supplement on Trustpilot.
The Launch Product
Our first product is the Smart Supplement—20 essential nutrients in two capsules a day, delivered through the letterbox. And our commitment to sustainability means that the supplement is 100% plant-based, and sent in biodegradable packaging.
This year, we aim to launch our second product—a braincare journal and next year a psychobiotic with the potential to revolutionise the sector.
We’re a small team, remote-first (although many of us live in or around London). We believe that transparency and compassion are the keys to success. If we can’t reflect that within the team, then we aren’t succeeding. We live by, embody, and enforce our company values, ensuring they aren’t just fluffy brand language but behaviours we commit to living and breathing.
Our values are:
- Trust and be trusted
- Keep a sense of humour and humility
- Care without compromise
- Grow for it
Who You Are
We are looking for a highly structured and data-driven self-starter who enjoys building and implementing processes in a fast-growing D2C start-up.
You thrive on solving problems and dealing with multiple topics and tasks at the same time. Whilst comfortable with a fast-paced environment, you tend to seek order in chaos. This means you are naturally inclined to define and set up processes for yourself and your team. You are constantly focused on doing things more effectively and efficiently.
You are known for your strong communication and get quickly up to speed with any topic that is presented to you. Your attention to detail and analytical mind-set make you a fantastic planner.
The type of person you are and your values is just as important to us as your skills and experience as we are passionate about building an exceptional team of people who work well together.
As Operations Manager you’ll be working closely with our Strategy & Operations Lead as well as the Customer Care team. You will be supporting the team in building, improving and implementing operational processes that help Heights to scale in areas of strategy, HR, finance and supply chain.
With our launch in the USA next year, you will play a key role in preparing Heights for international growth. You will drive and track financial and operational planning, including the management of day-to-day relationships with our production partners.
Joining an early stage team means you can expect autonomy to make an impact from day one. In this role, you have the opportunity to develop skills and experiences across a wide range of areas, whilst directly helping to shape a business. There is significant room to grow and take responsibility – you are invited to set the pace and direction.
What you will be doing
- Define, build and scale processes that support all areas of Heights
- Identify workflow improvements to increase efficiency of operational processes
- Manage inventory levels of all product components, incl. material planning
- Measure and report KPIs to track operational performance
- Build strong relationships with third party partners
What you will need to do the job effectively?
- 2+ years of experience in Business Ops, management consulting or other analytical role
- Eager to engage with a broad range of topics incl. finance, strategy, HR to supply chain
- Willing to roll up sleeves and get to know the business in great detail
- Experience with defining and implementing processes
- Strong analytical skills, Excel is friend not foe
- An interest in personal development
- An interest in health and wellbeing
Working at Heights
- Being part of a small team means you will have the chance to really help shape the future of Heights, working closely with the founders and our team of world-class advisors. You are part of the founding team.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and embrace diversity in our culture. We strive to create a happy and healthy workplace for the team.
- We promote a culture of a flexible working – we’re outcome/results-driven & appreciate great people have family lives too.
- We also offer a budget for personal development, and of course – anything that will keep your brain at peak conditions (for example Juno – wellness app, Heights and an annual membership to Calm).
After all, a healthier brain leads to a happier life – and we are building a healthy culture of happy brain first enthusiasts!