Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
About the role
Kraken completed the acquisition of Crypto Facilities in February 2019, and this group entity is now a world-leading, regulated cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform (MTF). A pioneer in the industry, the firm was the first regulated entity to list futures on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple XRP, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash and is looking to expand its product offering. Members value the high integrity, low latency marketplace that Crypto Facilities provides under the regulatory supervision of the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
We are looking for an Operations Associate to join the Crypto Facilities. As an Operations Associate, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Operations in ensuring the smooth running of the Crypto Facilities platform. You should be diligent with a keen attention to detail and a track record of seeing tasks/projects through to conclusion. The ideal candidate should have experience working in an operations role within fintech for at least 2 years.
- Become an expert in the Crypto Facilities platform and products
- Regularly report on Members issues, recommendations, criticism and trading activity
- Assist with onboarding of new Members
- Be comfortable interacting with high value Members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Stay updated on industry knowledge, compliance regulations, and company policies
- Daily operations and systems support to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the platform
- Collaborate closely with the product/engineering team and the client engagement team
- Provide support to the sales, marketing and compliance teams
- Ensure Crypto Facilities is conforming to all regulations as required (eg transaction reporting, CASS operations)
- 2+ years of fintech or financial services experience assisting high value clients
- Experience supporting sophisticated API clients
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- Security and privacy conscious
- Accountable with a strong sense of ownership
- Confident communicator who thrives on dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Motivated and energetic self starter with excellent people skills who thrives in a result driven environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English communication; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Python and SQL knowledge a nice to have
- Experience working in a regulated trading environment a nice to have
- Personal Specifications:
- Calm under pressure
- A self-starter
- Equally comfortable communicating with a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to see the big picture
- Numerically literate and a great communicator
Location Tagging: #EU