What you’ll do and how you’ll make an impact:
LearnWorlds is on a mission to educate. Our all-in-one platform empowers online trainers, educators and enterprises to create unique, interactive, and social learning experiences. A fully customizable, white-label solution to train employees and associates, educate customers or sell online courses to a wide audience.
We enable our users to create whole e-learning websites, author online courses, and provides the tools to market & sell them both as B2B and B2C products. We have done this through the creation of a cloud based e-learning platform that can be tailored to the users specific needs. Much more than just selling online courses, we have created everything required for a holistic and complete online learning experience.
Today, LearnWorlds has c.5,000 customers in more than 120 countries with 40% of them coming from the US. Our headquarters are in Limassol, Cyprus, and we have offices in Athens and Chania, Greece, however over 90% of the 130-member team is fully remote.
Reflective of growing activity in the ed-tech sector, LearnWorlds has recently secured a $32m investment from Insight Partners, a world-class VC firm, with a view to boost customer success, accelerate the marketing function and build out the customer base, with a focus on SMBs.
About the role
LearnWorlds is growing rapidly in a thriving market and we are looking for a passionate, creative and experienced Online Events Specialist with a background in Marketing to help us manage and deliver our online events program. You need to be well-organized and an action taker who thrives in a fast-moving environment.
Apply to this role if you have experience in virtual events, preferably in a SaaS, event tech or virtual events company in an international environment. The successful candidate will take part in developing the calendar to deliver a cadence of full-funnel webinars, virtual summits, panel discussions etc. pulling on marketing and industry best practices in order to achieve customer acquisition, loyalty, upsells and retention goals.
Both strategizing and hands-on actions will be required. Expect to define the target audience, outreach to and negotiate with speakers, create written material for events, market and promote our events and finally measure their success.
As a member of our Marketing Events team, you will be working closely with teams across our Marketing department such as Insights, Demand Gen, Content, Product Marketing and also work with other departments such as Customer Success. We will be aiming for several events per quarter, both large- and small-scale, and we want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organisational skills required to not leave anything to chance.
- Take part in forming the strategy, calendar and execution of the online events pipeline
- Source speakers, work on planning and producing the event incl. discussion questions, agenda, invites, guests lists, logistics, equipment and support during the event
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, segments and e-learning industry trends to offer content across topics that resonates with our market
- Work with our Marketing department to create pre-event promotions and post-event follow-ups and with our Product team to support new feature launches
- Prepare creative briefs for our designers to create social media, advertising, email and other image banners and event collateral
- Produce successful and cost-effective events, paying attention to budgets and time constraints
- Work with our speakers to develop the deck and all other materials to ensure brand compliance and engaging content
- Gather technical requirements and conduct pre-event testing and configuration on digital platforms
- Measure and report regularly on our events performance with improvement and optimisation ideas
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Comms or Journalism or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a digital marketing role, preferably in an international SaaS company
- 1+ years of experience in a role that involves organizing and managing virtual marketing events. Candidates with significantly longer experience in virtual marketing events are encouraged to apply.
- Native or close to native English, written and verbal
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of marketing theory and digital marketing trends and best practices across channels
- Experience with social media platforms and with devising and implementing email marketing campaigns
- Expert user of video conference tools, such as Zoom, and able to communicate technical requirements and solve basic technical issues during a virtual event
- Knowledgeable of up to date virtual event technologies, industry trends and competition is a plus
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines, multitask and prioritise responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively negotiate and close senior executives as speakers
- Comfortable with speaking on video and communicating our brand message effectively one-on-one or to a larger audience
- Candidates in EU time zones ±2 hours will be preferred
- Competitive salary
- Private life and health insurance plan
- 23 days of paid time off annually
- Fully remote work if you prefer to work from home
- Work in one of the globally top 5 e-learning courses platform with customers in more than 120 countries
- An opportunity to grow alongside us and shape the look and feel of tomorrow’s e-learning
- An entrepreneurial, international, and highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy that will both challenge you and help you reach your highest potential
- Continuous training and mentoring opportunities. Access to books, resources, training, and conferences
- Culture committed to work-life balance and flexible hours for each and every employee.
- Annual company retreats (see the video of our latest retreat).