🌍 In a world with deep supply chain disruptions, true omni-channel networks, and sustainability-minded consumers, there is a need for next-generation inventory systems.
🍯 That’s why we are building Syrup, an AI-powered predictive software platform for inventory decisions in commerce. By leveraging more data in real-time, we empower merchandising and planning teams with allocation, ordering, and inventory management recommendations.
🚀 Our mission is for commerce to no longer be a wasteful industry, as our intelligent platform empowers inventory excellence at every step in the value chain.
👔 We’re VC-backed by Google’s AI fund (Gradient Ventures), as well as former executives from Adidas, Zalando, ASOS, Reebok, Bonobos, Salesforce, ThredUp, and Stripe. We’re working with fast-growing brands such as Faherty, Reformation, and Desigual.
About The Role
As the Onboarding Specialist/Customer Success Manager, you’ll be the main point of contact for our rapidly growing customer base ensuring customers are absolutely delighted with the entire Syrup experience. You have a technical background and great customer skills which means you will be the primary point of contact for all in-region customers. We are 100% focused on our customers and aim to create raving fans of Syrup. We’re looking for people with a high degree of customer empathy who can lead strategic customer conversations as well as drive processes for our onboarding and training programs. We’re still a young team so each member plays an integral role in building the foundation of our future customer success and support organization.
- Be the main point of contact for customers (predominantly in UK and EU time zones) and systematically track and address all customer questions and requests
- Lead the onboarding of new customers, collaborating closely with Sales, CS, and Engineering
- Enhance the onboarding process to streamline and enhance the customer experience
- Train and coach customers on all aspects of the platform creating re-usable assets whenever possible
- Serve as the first-level triage for inbound customer support requests for European time zones
- Develop a deep understanding of customer data as well as the Syrup models to be able to articulate the Syrup data needs and validate that customer data provided is in the structure that Syrup requires
- Initiate regular customer interactions to provide insights and help implement Syrup’s recommendations
- Document and track all activities for accounts in a systematic way and deliver feedback from customers to relevant internal teams
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ perception of ROI and actively communicate ROI of the Syrup platform
- Monitor customer retention indicators and drive contract renewals and upselling opportunities
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong technical background for onboarding and guiding customers in data-ingestion projects
- Polished presentation style and excellent communication skills
- Passion for ensuring customer success, exceeding their business goals, and showcasing your technical knowledge in the data analytics industry
- Hands-on project experience, ideally focused on customer implementations
- Clear written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to craft compelling presentations for both technical and business audiences
- Customer empathy to listen and understand the unique needs of customers
- The utmost integrity in your customer interactions and collaboration with Syrup team members
- Adaptability to try new ways of doing things with the ability to learn from failures and move on
- Experience working for a high-growth stage startup (ideal but not required)
- A hunger to win and a stellar attitude
- You have language skills: Fluent in English and German, conversational Spanish or French
What We Offer
Fun, friendly, respectful, collaborative, diverse, driven, mission-oriented – that’s Syrup! We’re a group of driven people who want to make a difference in the world by building game-changing software. We care deeply about people, planet and product. Concretely, we offer:
- Remote Flex: We’re a remote first team across Europe and North America. For our colleagues in New York, you can come into our office in SoHo as often as you like.
- Equity Compensation: We offer generous equity compensation for all our early employees.
- We offer generous health, vision, and dental benefits to our employees.
- Generous PTO: Take the time you need, when you need it.
- Syrup summits: We bring the whole global team together every quarter for our Syrup summits. Previous locations: Barcelona, Madrid, Los Angeles, Warsaw, Boston, New York.
We offer competitive base pay with the UK salary range of 50k GBP – 90k GBP, and a similarly competitive range in other locations. Salary is commensurate with experience, generous early-stage equity package, and benefits including medical/dental/vision.