Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
We’re looking for a Manager, People Operations to join our growing People team. This individual will manage a small globally dispersed team while owning the post talent acquisition functions such as onboarding, performance & development, and employee relations.
The ideal fit is someone with the ability to think strategically, has a “roll up their sleeves” attitude and leads with an unrelenting employee-first approach. We seek those with a proven ability to innovate and simplify, a bias for action, and the capacity to use data to influence decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Refine and develop appropriate HR and administrative policies, programs, processes and systems to support a growing organization.
- Build strong relationships with all levels of leadership and act as point of contact to support all Cobalt employees.
- Partner with and coach managers on performance management, feedback, and employee development.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Identify, root cause, and drive continuous improvement for key People Ops processes.
- Support the annual HR talent management cycle relating to Talent and Performance Management, Compensation Management, Succession Planning, and Leadership Development for the organization
- Manage, mentor and coach members of the People Operations team
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of People and other members of the People team, on all People related initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in a People Operations role with 1-2 years of previous people management experience (preferably roles in Tech companies, working in a fast-paced/startup environment).
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- High attention to details and multitasking skills.
- A ‘can do attitude’ and result-oriented.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field.
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter’s contribution to our mission — let’s make security dance!
Please apply even if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary