At Algolia, we are passionate about our customers and their engineering success, and we are looking for a leader to join our fast-growing organization. We are looking for a Manager who will be responsible to mentor, coach, and lead a team of Customer Success Engineers (CSE). The CSE team are the true partners to our customers. Working closely with them to consult, educate and support customers of all sizes in the implementation of the Algolia Platform
In this role, you will guide your team to take the lead on designing technical solutions, solving issues, educating and enabling our customers, as well as helping foster long-lasting relationships. This is a role that requires strong technical skills, customer experience, account management skills, and the ability to marry business requirements with technical requirements. You will help inspire, coach, and guide the team to achieve their goals. You will work closely with our Customer Success Management, Solutions Engineering, Services, and Product leadership to ensure customers are successful.
We want a manager who can guide and grow the team and isn’t afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty. We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We’re looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Directly manage and grow a team of Customer Success Engineers and Solutions Architects
- Ensure the team is proactively working with customers to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators, and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Mentor team members through observation of their work and develop learning plans to improve their abilities, skills and knowledge of the Algolia platform, engineering integration patterns, and client facing skills.
- Engage in customer meetings to help deliver value and remove barriers to growth
- Drive development and utilization of Technical Playbooks and activities with the full customer life cycle
- Partner with Solutions Engineering leaders to ensure a cohesive customer experience
- Report monthly to CS and Sales leadership on team impact and customer segment trends
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Direct experience managing a team of Customer Success Engineers, Solutions Engineers, Solutions Architects or Services Teams.
- Support ongoing team growth and team member career development including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring Customer Success Engineers
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT – Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST – Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR – Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE – Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY – Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We’re committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!