Built around our mission, we started AG more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Originators of the Essentialist Nutrition movement, our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health.
AG1 is made from the highest quality ingredients, in accordance with the strictest standards and obsessively improved based on the latest science. 75 vitamins, minerals, and whole-food sourced nutrients in one convenient daily serving. Optimized for athletes, life-letes, and everyone in between. Vegan, Paleo, and Keto-friendly. One scoop or travel packet, 8 ounces of water. Every day. That’s it.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.
The Manager, Customer Insights will design and manage robust research plans and develop customer insights to answer key business questions to inform company wide roadmaps. This person is expected to bring methodological expertise and excellence to the team with the ability to implement research best practices. This role requires fantastic cross-functional partnership skills and will be a critical and regular collaborator with Product, Marketing, Data & Analytics teammates. This role will master the art of customer listening to understand the moments that matter for them, what they care about and what our customers are saying to inform messaging, membership, commercialization and digital efforts. This individual is data-obsessed and their first instinct will be to call the customer to understand customer problems and desires. This individual must have experience fielding and analyzing quantitative and qualitative research, writing cogent data-backed “stories” and presenting results to stakeholders. The ideal candidate has a balance of left- and right-brain thinking that can go deep on the data and provide a nuanced human perspective drawn from empathy and active listening. This is an insights role with a focus on synthesizing and applying a range of research, trends, analytics, and instinct derived from the customer to uncover opportunities for the business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help develop the overall Insights roadmap built around customer problems and needs for the EU market that is woven into the broader global roadmap
- Partner cross-functionally to understand business goals and prioritize research questions on an international scale
- Align with product stakeholders and test marketing campaigns + digital experiences derived from Insights via various methods (such as concept, message and creative testing; landing page and website A/B testing)
- Own the Research Sprint process, executing frequent Customer Insights qualitative and quantitative projects on behalf of stakeholders and partners
- Conduct high-frequency, regular 1×1 customer interviews yourself and for the business stakeholders
- Deep dive into customer calls and other qualitative and quantitative data for the EU market to translate into hypotheses and insights that inform messaging, membership, digital and commercialization initiatives to support acquisition and retention efforts
- Manage full research cycle of prioritizing, designing, executing, analyzing and presenting customer/consumer research for the EU market, in close collaboration and alignment with the functional business partners globally
- Combine 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data (e.g. from GA and CDPs) to enrich our centralized view of the customer
- Publish research pieces that guide the organization towards business goals; conduct education campaigns internally to drive adoption and ownership of Insights across different departments
- Act as resident expert at all things Voice of the Customer: NPS, Customer Satisfaction, Reviews, etc.
- Oversee Customer Panel and major annual surveying efforts
- Execute large ongoing and smaller, ad hoc Customer Insights projects for the EU market, supporting global Customer Insights projects as necessary
- Educate throughout the organization on Insights findings and implications
- Collaborate with other groups to organize and centralize insights and competitive intelligence
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing research with the proven ability to manage the research lifecycle, from devising a research plan, to distilling large data sets or qualitative feedback into insights and a narrative, to writing questionnaires/discussion guides, to conducting fieldwork, to presenting findings.
- German on a native speaker level
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science or consumer research discipline (Business, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Research, etc.)
- Significant depth of knowledge around research methodologies and proven ability to apply methodological expertise and rigor across a variety of projects
- Previous experience working in an Insights capacity in a Membership or Subscription business and/or with large-scale loyalty and rewards programs
- Previous experience working for an ecommerce DTC business
- Strong analytical skills: Experience leveraging complex sets of data and consumer research to provide meaningful insights and recommendations for the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and issues in compelling and memorable ways
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Collaborative, curious and strategic thought partner who builds relationships & trust
- Highly motivated to work in a fast-paced remote environment where change is welcomed and embraced
- Nice to have: experience with Qualtrics and UserTesting.com;
- Proficient in MS Excel and the G-Suite
- A full life outside of work with personal passions and hobbies
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer’s health and wellness.
- Top of the market salary and performance incentive structure with “blue sky” upside potential.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.
- A brand new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
- Access to AG products and swag items.
Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.