Locker is an Irish venture-backed startup based out of Galway, Ireland. We are building an industry disrupting mobile application which will change the way sports fans find and consume their favourite content.
We’re on a sprint to build out our product for market release in 2021, and we’re recruiting the best talent to join us on an exciting journey.
We are looking for a highly ambitious software engineer who is eager to help turn Locker in to an industry-defining product. You have the opportunity to join as one of the first engineers, working directly alongside the key management team.
As a junior engineer, you will be guided and mentored by the rest of the team, but that’s not to say your work won’t be important. You will work across multiple facets of Locker’s technical team and a passion for front and backend development is a must. If you’re looking for just another job this isn’t for you. We’re looking for youthful talent to help turn a small Irish startup in to a global success story. Years of experience isn’t a requirement, but an ability to think big and work hard is essential.
- Join our core product team, where you will play a role in defining, refining and building our frontend and backend architecture.
- Create servers and databases to functional spec.
- Develop and test mobile features.
- Regularly learn new systems and tools.
- Work cross-functionally and participate in product reviews.
- Work alongside our support team to solve technical issues.
- Ensure cross platform optimization for mobile.
- Write good, clean, maintainable code.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with agile development.
- Willingness to learn new languages and good overall engineering skills.
- Experience with Node.js and React Native.
- Experience with AWS/Digital Ocean
- You enjoy working with database technologies, in particular SQL and PostgreSQL.
- An eye for design to compliment your frontend development skills. (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Must be a team player with good English communication skills.
- A degree in computer science is nice to have, but not essential.
- Your work will genuinely have a massive impact on our success and growth, and we will recognize that.
- You will play a role in shaping the culture at Locker as an early employee.
- We’re a small talented team. Your decisions will have an impact, and you will have a chance to learn and grow with experienced mentors.
- A competitive base salary.
- Work from home.
- Flexible hours.
Locker is a venture-back startup based out of Galway, Ireland. The company was founded in early 2020 by a team of experienced media and technology execs.
We're building an industry disrupting app which will change the way sports fans find and consume their favourite content. Haven't heard of us? We've been flying under the radar while we build something big, but we're preparing to go live with a bang in 2021.
Chosen as part of Techstars Indy in Summer 2020, we recently closed our first major round of funding. At Locker we're a small, close-knit team who work collaboratively. If you work with us, you won't be cornered working on the same boring project day-in, day-out. You will work directly alongside the founding team as we grow towards becoming a startup success story. We're looking for the best talent, and if you're looking to be part of something special from the ground up we would love to hear from you.