About this role:
Analysts create must-have insights for our clients through published research and client interaction. You will meet with clients every day—mostly on the phone or in a videoconference, and sometimes, face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction you will help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance.
As part of Gartner’s Legal and Compliance team within the Assurance Practice, you will join a dynamic team focused on advising General Counsel, heads of legal operations, and other legal leaders on emerging technologies, vendors, market trends, and best practices related to legal department operations and technology, including core capabilities related to e-billing and spend management, external matter management, internal service management, and workflow and automation.
This role is a critical area of coverage for the practice and we are looking for an extremely entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and ideas-driven individual to develop research and help serve clients related to the topics below.
What you will do:
- Create insightful and actionable research, and provide General Counsel, heads of legal operations, and other legal leaders with best practices and advice on the best opportunities presented by the legal technology market, including e-billing and spend management; external matter management; collaboration and document management; intake, triage and service management; and workflow management and automation.
- Create insightful and actionable research and provide guidance on planning and developing a strategy and roadmap for corporate inhouse legal department technology investments (including assessing capabilities, determining ROI, and building a business case).
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas by understanding the broader market and ecosystem related to legal department operations and technology, partnering with experts internally, and learning from our clients’ practices.
What you will need:
- 10+ years of experience related to the corporate inhouse legal technology market, including core capabilities related to e-billing and spend management, external matter management, internal service management, and workflow and automation (in a corporate, consulting, research, or other setting).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience and interest in advising, presenting to, and writing for the most senior levels of an organization (e.g., GC, CLO, heads of legal operations).
- Knowledge of and experience with the general counsel role, the operations and workflows of inhouse legal departments, and legal operations and technology processes in general.
- Familiarity and experience with matter management, e-billing and spend management, and enterprise legal management interfaces, with an understanding of how they best support legal department goals, objectives, and workflows.
- Experience with inhouse legal department technology programs or initiatives (e.g., vendor/tech assessment and selection, relationship management, solution implementation, change management and user adoption).
- Working knowledge of the vendor market, functionalities, and capabilities of inhouse legal department technologies.
- Familiarity and experience with primary vendors in this space (e.g.,SimpleLegal, ThomsonReuters, Acuity, Brightflag, LawVu, LexisNexis) and near-neighbor vendors.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we’re proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we’re recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We’ve been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD – 150,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD – 150,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD – 150,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD – 150,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 130,000 USD – 150,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .
Job Requisition ID:76788
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.