Who we are:
We’re an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in crypto, and we are passionate about digital assets.
Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin, Ethereum and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
About the role:
As our Legal Specialist, you will work on developing processes, assessing the legal dimensions of strategic decisions, and providing indispensable legal insights to empower our stakeholders and advance our legal tech infrastructure. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will be a key player in our growth.
We are seeking a professional who is eager to take on diverse responsibilities in a fast-paced tech startup. If you are passionate about legal frameworks within the tech industry and aspire to grow with a dynamic company, we look forward to your application.
This vital position starts with a foundational 60% time commitment, with the potential to increase as you help navigate the company through its exciting growth trajectory.
You can be located anywhere around the CET time zone, as our work is 100% online. The position is part-time.
What you will be doing:
- Advising on the legal and governance framework for the business units within a regulated environment in various jurisdictions.
- Conducting risk assessments, evaluations and determining necessary actions.
- Lead corporate structuring in various jurisdictions and supervise setting up new structures.
- Drafting and revising legal documentation, directives, standard contracts and terms & conditions, and internal directives under Swiss, European and common law jurisdictions.
- Supporting tax structuring, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Oversee the entire lifecycle of commercial contracts, including preparation, sanity checks, obtaining signatures via tools like DocuSign, and maintaining an organized e-filing system.
- Act as a liaison between external Legal Counsels, internal teams, and departments to facilitate the processing of documents and address contract management queries.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams on compliance initiatives and corporate projects, ensuring adherence to legal and regulatory standards.
- Manage various administrative tasks, including handling labour law issues, scheduling key meetings, and maintaining meticulous electronic systems, including accurate legal documentation management.
- Draft, review, and update various company documents, including department materials and internal and external policies, ensuring they reflect the latest legal requirements and company standards.
- Handle incoming and outgoing communications, monitor deadlines, and support preparing and organising documents and presentations.
What you need:
- Bilingual proficiency in English and German.
- Autonomous work style, detail-oriented, with high organizational standards.
- Excellent communication skills for effective interaction with various stakeholders.
- Efficient, meticulous, and adept in managing numerical data.
- Ability to thrive in team and independent work environments, particularly under pressure.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, international, and dynamic startup culture.
- Completion of a commercial apprenticeship as an office clerk, legal assistant, or a similar qualification.
- Background in legal education, preferably with knowledge or experience in labour law.
- Experience in contract management, preferably with proficiency in DocuSign CLM.
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with the DACH region
What we offer:
- Flexibility to organize your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join a young, self-funded company in a future-proof market segment
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.