People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 20+ million customers get more from their money. And we’re not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we’re looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The Legal team sits at the heart of Revolut as one of our most important areas of business 🚀
This focused bunch supports all other Revolut teams, helping us achieve our goals each and every day.
They’re special, they’re strong-willed and they work across myriad different areas. We know this isn’t super common for an in-house role, but our team are just that good 🧠
From structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories, the Legal team does it all! 😎
Are you a problem solver? This one’s for you!
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel who’ll advice Revolut on compliance and legal issues around our financial products 📣
An expert of consumer credits, financial regulations. An individual who’s excelling at leadership but dares to undertake a hands-on role when needed.
Excited to join? We can’t wait to have you on board 👊
What you’ll be doing
- Advising the business on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new and existing financial products (primarily consumer credit but you also may be asked to advise on payment, banking and data protection advice)
- Drafting customer-facing legal documents for these products
- Being an integral part of product and commercial teams; working with them to help design and deliver solutions that are compliant with Consumer Credit legislation and also PSD II, banking regulations
- Helping structure and expand Revolut’s products and manage regulatory expectations, requirements and applications
- Proactively engage and work alongside local regulators in Spain and Lithuania
- Excelling at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
What you’ll need
- 4+ years of PQE experience
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Experience in advising on financial regulation in Spain. Expertise in consumer credit and advising on related credit products (such as unsecured loans and credit card products) is a must whereas experience in payments and advising on payments products is a real plus
- Expertise in relevant financial regulations and advising clients in the following areas: Consumer Credit legislation, PSD II and Banking regulations
- Sound judgement, composure under pressure and a collaborative mindset
- Confidence making decisions where there is ambiguity or incomplete information
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills