Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Legal Counsel – EMEA is responsible primarily for supporting Confluent´s EMEA Sales organization in structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, and may have additional responsibilities as needed in support of Confluent’s business. The position will report into the Regional Counsel EMEA. Limited travel may be required (when suitable for travel to resume). The successful candidate will be fluent in both Spanish and English.
In the legal department, we are passionate about enabling customer success, while building a strong foundation for the future. We strive to provide thoughtful and pragmatic counsel and to minimize risks as we pursue business opportunities. We thrive by working together to solve complex challenges, supporting and learning from each other, and having fun!
What We’re Looking For –
- Experience in an in-house legal department in the Software / Technology industry
- Significant experience negotiating technology subscription agreements, license & support agreements and cloud services agreements with large enterprise customers
- Experience with open source licensing and business model
- Experience with EU data protection laws
- Experience and aptitude working cross-functionally with internal organizations to resolve questions and concerns
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain concepts clearly to non-lawyers
- Business level English and Spanish essential, other languages are a plus
- Excellent legal and business judgement with the ability to assess and communicate risks to business partners in a clear and actionable way
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to navigate complex, sensitive issues,
- Ability to working a fast-paced, high output environment and to prioritize and manage tasks efficiently
- High level of integrity, team orientation, and treating others with respect
- People who are smart, humble and empathetic, and who enjoy working as one team to get things done!
- The candidate would be expected to work remotely and/or from our local office in Spain.
Still looking? Find all the latest remote legal jobs open to European time zones.