People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 35+ million customers get more from their money. And we’re not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. We’ve been officially certified as a Great Place to Work™ in recognition of our outstanding employee experience! So far, we have 6,000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we’re looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel to sit within the small, but growing, Data Protection team within the Legal Department. The team deals with a wide range of issues including working closely with product teams to design exciting new products for our customers, leading intra-group and vendor contract negotiations, liaising with data protection authorities, and dealing with the unexpected, novel, and challenging tasks of the fast-paced worlds of fintech and data protection!
Your focus will be on the strategic mitigation of legal and regulatory risk to the business. You’ll manage and support a wide range of matters, as well as providing day-to-day pragmatic legal advice to key stakeholders as a business partner.
Speaking of advice… we’ve got some for you – apply now! 🚀
What you’ll be doing
- Advising the business on privacy and data protection legal issues surrounding structuring of new and existing financial products, and their marketing
- Being an integral part of product teams to help design and deliver compliant solutions
- Digging deep to ensure data protection is a core part of the review process when launching new products and features
- Drafting and negotiating contractual data protection clauses with a wide variety of third parties and other Revolut group companies
- Maintaining our customer-facing privacy and cookie notices
- Liaising with our global legal counsels on data privacy matters integral to the business that impact multiple jurisdictions where Revolut operates
- Working closely with our Regulatory Compliance teams to draft, plan, and implement internal data protection compliance policies and procedures
- Supporting our Data Protection Officer in responding to data subject rights requests where legal review is required
- Proactively engaging and working alongside local regulators across multiple countries
- Keeping on top of, and advising on, legal, regulatory, and industry developments
What you’ll need
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- 3-5 years of strong legal experience as a private practice lawyer, dealing with data protection at a top law firm
- Fluency in English with exceptional communication and writing skills
- Experience advising on privacy, data protection, and direct marketing laws, regulations, and guidance in Europe
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical, problem-solving, and drafting skills
- The ability to provide crisp, clear, concise, and timely legal advice when dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels across the business
- The ability to excel independently and in cross-functional teams
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment and make logical decisions under tight deadlines
- Flexibility and enthusiasm, and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility for resolving issues
- Excellent time and project management skills that enable the consistent delivery of high quality legal advice across multiple projects
- Leadership skills and the willingness to undertake executional work in this hands-on role
Nice to have
- Additional privacy and data protection qualifications
- International data protection experience outside of Europe
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We’re not just doing this because it’s the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
Refer to our Data Privacy Statement for Candidates for details on our data handling practices during your application.