A few examples of your responsibilities
- Negotiate, draft, review, and manage commercial contracts, including service, partnership, and technology agreements.
- Assist with corporate governance matters, such as the formation of new legal entities, the management of corporate legal requirements, and the maintenance of authorized officers, directors, and signatories.
- Collaborate with our Finance team to manage equity plans and instruments, as well as financings and investments.
- Support and advise our Accounting, Finance, & Legal team and our Mergers & Acquisitions team on corporate transactions. You’ll play a pivotal role in conducting due diligences, analyzing and drafting transaction documents, and following post-completion formalities and obligations.
- Provide sound and practical legal advice on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters.
- Proactively identify and address business needs with an ownership mindset, seeking out new opportunities to unlock value for the company.
- Collaborate with outside counsel in Italy and abroad.
- Stay up to date on legal and regulatory developments.
What we look for
- Passion. You have a genuine love for the field. You investigate the subject extensively and are always up to date with the latest developments.
- Drive. Your dedication matches the intensity of your ambition. You’re willing to put in the hard work necessary to achieve your goals, and the highly demanding challenges in your track record are proof of your relentless spirit.
- Tenacity. Once you have a goal, there’s no stopping you! Failure doesn’t discourage you—after every stumble, you get right back up and try again.
- Accuracy and precision. Your attention to detail is spot-on, and you’re painstakingly accurate. The quality of your output, whether in academia or at work, is consistently pristine.
- Organization and structure. You’re meticulously organized and superbly structured, so you can handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with poise and precision.
- Common sense. Your judgment and intuition are sound and well grounded in reality.
- Some experience. After obtaining a law degree, you practiced at a law firm or as in-house counsel for a period of time, in which you encountered some of the main challenges you’ll face in the role.
- Fluent English and Italian. You can read and write fluently both in English and in Italian.
What we offer
- Make a difference. Be the owner of your effort—from day one, you’re one of the team and fully trusted to take responsibility for your tasks. You’ll have every incentive to make a major impact.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. Learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Unique career opportunity. By joining a fast-growing company on a mission to become one of the world’s greatest, it’s an unparalleled opportunity to turbocharge your learning and career prospects.
- Flexibility and trust. From day one, you’ll be one of the team and fully trusted. No micromanagement or clipping your wings—just the freedom and responsibility to do great work.
- Continuous education. Spooners get unlimited backing for learning investments, including Italian or English lessons and things like courses, conferences, and books. There’s no permission or approval process—you’re fully trusted to use the company’s resources efficiently.
- People who lift up one another. We hire for talent and leave the ego at the door. You’ll find a group of truly talented Spooners who are eager to teach their secrets and to learn. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- The finest tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can’t wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach and our cutting-edge workflows.
- Flexible schedule. Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+1, with remote work allowed within GMT-2 to GMT+3 time zones.
- Unlimited time off. Take all the time you need to be with your family or just recharge your batteries. There’s no maximum number of days off, and there isn’t any kind of permission process. We just ask that you make your vacation decisions mindfully.
- Competitive salary and stock options. Our compensation packages are designed to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Individuals just starting their career are offered a salary of €52,246 along with a €1,200 welfare bonus. If you already have a few years of relevant work experience, you can expect to earn between €63,965 and €143,330, depending on your expertise. As you gain experience and increase your impact, compensation can grow rapidly. You also have the option to receive some of your pay in company ownership (equity) at a discounted rate.
Before you apply
Thanks for taking the time to read this far. We’d be delighted if you decide to apply, but ask that you first consider the following:
Bending Spoons is an extremely demanding environment. We’re highly ambitious and we ask a lot of ourselves and our teammates, so you’re likely to work harder here than at most companies, and to regularly push yourself beyond your comfort zone. While this tends to drive tremendous learning and lead to fantastic achievements, it can also be stressful.
We’re uncompromising on our standard of excellence. The vast majority of Spooners stay for years and have amazing careers here. However, it can also happen that an individual doesn’t contribute at the rate we look for. In such cases, we support the Spooner in their efforts to make the necessary improvements, but will counsel them to leave if they don’t manage to do so.
We’re proud of the company we’ve built, and many of us can’t imagine working anywhere else. Still, we understand that a career at Bending Spoons isn’t for everybody. We hope what you’ve read here helps you determine whether it might be the place for you. If you believe it is, then we encourage you to apply—and perhaps discover what you’re truly capable of!