About the job
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer 💫
We’re building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error – like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks – with minimal disruption to employees’ workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by renowned investors like Sequoia, Accel and Balderton and has hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and London.
Legal at Tessian
We have an incredible opportunity for a fantastic lawyer to have direct impact at our fast growing SaaS Security company. 🚀
Balancing working and advising on next generation technology with commercial acumen, you’ll be business-minded and deeply knowledgeable about privacy in the evolving global technology landscape. You’ll put your international commercial transaction skills to excellent use, and provide hands-on, proactive, and practical, legal advice and support to Tessians across the globe.
You’ll be excited to bring exceptional judgment and creativity to devise practical advice that appropriately weighs our legal and business objectives. In this role, you’ll work closely with our sales organization, negotiating with prospects from a wide variety of verticals to drive great outcomes for both our customers & Tessian. You’ll also partner with key stakeholders across marketing, People (HR), and engineering to support their needs and help us develop and implement new products and business initiatives.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll get to:
- Work with stakeholders across all areas of Tessian
- Help drive great outcomes for both our sales teams & our customers
- Brainstorm product solutions to meet privacy objectives and build brilliant software
- Assist in development and implementation of legal initiatives
- Continue to develop expertise in global privacy, articularly in the UK, EU and California
- Draft & build out all manner of complex sales, and procurement agreements, playbooks, policies and processes
- Help further our SaaS & enterprise sales business models
We’d love to meet someone who:
- Is a fully qualified lawyer in the UK or in the US
- Has significant legal experience (& working in high growth technology companies is a bonus!)
- Demonstrates sound legal and business judgment
- Has worked with technology sales and procurement
- Is expert at drafting, with strong oral, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Has worked with all the ins & outs of SaaS software, from privacy, technology licensing, antitrust, and marketing, to payment systems and data security
- Is happy working independently & proactively
- Has a collaborative soul, willing to work as cross-functionally as the situation calls for
- Can hold-strong under pressure, especially during intense, fast-paced quarter-ends
- Is comfortable amidst ambiguity, and in juggling many matters and quick shifts between varied situations & tasks
- Brings enthusiasm, positivity & respect to all their interactions
Why we think you’ll love it here 😍…
All Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark against other VC-backed companies to provide above market rate salaries for companies of our size.
Beyond this, there’s plenty more that makes Tessian a great place to work:
- A full week of work-remote a year (for those who aren’t fully remote!), in addition to 31 days of paid holiday (20 days PTO + 11 federal holidays)
- An extra day of paid holiday (up to 5) for every year you’re with us!
- Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality MacOs tech kit for you to work on
- Comprehensive & generous health insurance options
- If you’re relocating to join the team in person, we’ll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- On Fridays we stop at 5 for a virtual happy hour (or, to just log off early!)
- Classpass subsidy – which you can use for either in person or virtual classes
Coronavirus has changed how we work, and we’re currently working from home. During these times we’re supporting our team with:
- A work-from-home subsidy for every new joiner to cover all your home office must-haves
- Amazing Remote socials with food and drink budgets
And there’s plenty to look forward to once we’re back in the office too (we expect to have an East-coast (Boston) & West-coast (San Francisco) office presence:
- An array of breakfast options, delicious snacks, drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Flexible work from home policy (for those who aren’t already fully remote)
- Team lunch provided once a week
- Whole team socials every quarter
- Dinner budget for those times you just can’t tear yourself away
Equality & diversity ⚖️
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we’re securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we’re also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we’re a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Obligatory small print
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We’re a #LI-Remote company offering Choice First working practices where possible.
Browse the latest remote legal jobs
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.