Imagine a world in which capital does not stand in the way of starting and building a business. At finmid, we are working on just that. We believe there is a huge opportunity for software platforms to replace banks as the sole source of funding for businesses, small and large. Our technology empowers everything from B2B marketplaces to vertical SaaS to provide their businesses with the financing they need.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Legal Advisor, based in Berlin or remotely. In this role, you will be instrumental in helping the company succeed as we scale our product and grow our customer base. As a key member of finmid’s legal team, you will be responsible for supporting our General Counsel on all workstreams that require support – from drafting contracts to supporting venture capital funding rounds or steering our geographic expansion all over Europe.
In this role, you will:
- Own your own legal projects, e.g. contract negotiations with customers and partners
- Gain a deep understanding of the law and economics around structured finance transactions and how fintechs disrupt the industry
- Work directly with our General Counsel as the first employee of the legal team
- Have an incredibly steep learning curve “through learning by doing”
- Gain insight into a wide range of legal issues, incl. Banking and regulatory law, employment law, data protection law and corporate & venture capital law.
What you need to be successful (requirements):
- Fluency in English (German is a huge plus).
- Law degree from a German law school or a top tier law school in the UK/USA with above average grades (optimally with a “vollbefriedigend”).
- No prior knowledge of banking/regulatory law is needed – you should however be curious about finance and technology.
- Strong ability to work independently – you focus on execution and own assignments end to end.
- You want to take responsibility early on in your career and like to solve difficult problems.
- Competitive compensation comparable to other WiMi/Legal Advisor positions in law firms.
- We see ourselves as “distributed first” (i.e. work from anywhere) but also have a beautiful office in Berlin where you can work.
- We are flexible and cover whatever you need to be as productive as possible.
- Home office stipend.
- 30 days vacation.
- Open-minded and transparent culture that includes regular get-together meetings (e.g. All Hands, Brown Bag Lunch, regular Offsites abroad).
We’re looking for people with passion, grit and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think out of the box and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.