A “clutch” athlete performs well under pressure, in decisive moments of the game. Clutch is on a mission to bring racket sports into the future with A.I.-powered training tools and a social network for players, coaches and fans. We use cutting edge Artificial Intelligence technology that tracks players’ shots and movements on court. With Clutch, players and coaches get performance analytics and video tools for every match and training session.
We are currently working with some of the world’s best badminton players and coaches throughout our early product development. We are launching a beta test starting in the fall, which will include thousands of players using the app.
We are a pre-seed startup with backing from strong partners in the Nordics. Our team is highly ambitious, but also social and fun. Our founding team is based between Copenhagen and Barcelona. We believe in the value of building an agile remote team and that’s why remote is our default. We are looking into establishing satellite offices and access to co-working spaces in select European cities.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX designer to be a key team member on Clutch’s mission to bring AI-powered training tools to the world of racket sports. At Clutch you will be a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to UI/UX: you will lead the process from doing hands-on user research to designing and implementing intuitive and visually stunning UI features. You will work closely with both our CEO, front-end engineers and other designers.
Clutch is building tools for players and coaches to improve their performance and engage better with each other. You are someone that really cares about the user and you are not afraid to take initiative and be creative. You will have the chance to do hands-on research with our beta users and contribute to the design of the future of training in racket sports.
- Conduct user research to understand the needs of players and coaches
- Continuously gather feedback from users and effectively channel insights to the team
- Help the team design great performance analytics, visualizing data in a user-friendly way
- Design user flow, mockups and wireframes
- Create interactive prototypes and work for front-end engineers on implementation
- Quickly iterate – build, test, learn, and repeat
- Take ownership of the product and the work you deliver
- Versatile professional experience as a UI/UX designer designing consumer or SaaS applications
- Knowledge of design systems
- Sharp sense of aesthetics and the tools to translate it into high-quality visual experiences for our users
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Principle and other design tools
- Strong drive to learn and grow as a designer
- Highly driven, proactive and self-motivated individual
- High energy, contributing to a positive team spirit
- Great communicator with natural leadership skills
- Experience working on consumer software products related to social networks, gaming or (e)sports
- Formal education in UI/UX design or HCI
- You love racket sports!
- Competitive salary + ESOP
- Personal growth budget (books, online courses etc.)