Teleport is an open core software and a service that allows engineers and security professionals to unify secure access and provide visibility to infrastructure, applications, and data across all environments.
We are a remote-first technology company with satellite offices in Oakland and Seattle.
We are well-funded by Y-Combinator and other top-tier investors and are growing quickly. We value our craft, a work-life balance, and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our company is growing and we are expanding our SDR team. At Teleport we are part of the wave of companies growing with the increasing demand for security and compliance as companies have to expand their compute needs and adopt Cloud, Kubernetes and other modern technologies.
We have a large Total Addressable Market — anyone that manages and operates server fleets, applications across cloud providers or deploys to internal data centers (i.e., almost all successful companies). As an Lead SDR, you will drive pipeline by identifying, engaging and qualifying leads that are looking for help to solve these problems. You will also prospect into a list of strategic accounts. You will be asked to think creatively about finding potential leads, as well as leverage traditional lead generation techniques in order to build the top of the sales funnel and transition leads to our account reps.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain expertise in a sector that has experienced explosive growth in the last decade, have fun, and use this experience to springboard you into your next role, this may be the right opportunity.
We Need Someone Who
- Is a self-starter with a track record of success in their professional or personal life.
- Has a technical background or experience selling technical products and interacting with Ops, SRE / DevOps, and security professionals. Our champions are Engineering, IT and InfoSec professionals, so you need to be on their level.
- Has 1- 2 years of experience in business development, ideally with open source and open core offerings.
- Is ready to roll up their sleeves. We need people that are ready to hustle, work with sales reps and the founders to develop lead sources and learn to sell our products.
- Doesn’t mind helping out across various go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc. when needed.
What we expect of you:
- Learn and explain technical products and concepts.
- Do cold outreach to new prospects.
- Investigate customer problems and challenges and identify leads that should go to Account Executives.
- Experiment with different sales channels and be able to leverage the most effective ones.
- Establish best practices and efficient processes.
- Work closely with Account Executives to refine call and messaging strategies.
- Identify trends from prospective customers to share with the product, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Track all sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of sales qualified leads.
Teleport was founded to provide products and tools that simplify and take care of the ever-escalating complexity of building and running software everywhere – cloud, hybrid cloud, on-premise.
We are on a mission to help engineers and organizations such as NASDAQ, Ticketmaster, Snowflake, and Mulesoft erase security and deployment boundaries between networks and cloud providers in order to securely deploy and access their applications anywhere on the planet with minimal oversight.