👨🎤 Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead product design initiatives from conception to final execution.
- Offer mentorship to other designers, providing guidance, direction and fostering growth.
- Lead regular design reviews, ensuring feedback is constructive and aligned with our vision and principles.
- Drive continuous improvements in our design processes, proposing strategies to elevate the quality of outputs.
- Ensure consistency in design outputs by collaborating closely with other designers and engineers.
- Drive the evolution and adherence to SafetyWing’s design system.
- Serve as the pivotal bridge between design and other functions, ensuring that the design perspective is influential in product and strategic discussions.
🧪 We are looking for someone who:
- Has an advanced product design experience demonstrated through a portfolio of impactful design solutions.
- Has proven experience and dedication in guiding and mentoring designers to achieve their best work.
- Has background designing user experiences within sectors such as insurance, finance, or B2B space would be considered an asset.
- Has extensive experience with design and prototyping tools such as Figma and is committed to continuous learning of new features.
- Is experienced in conducting user research and usability testing.
- Has the ability to communicate design ideas clearly and to champion design principles across diverse audiences, including both design and non-design stakeholders.
- Can think beyond the immediate design task and understand the bigger business and product strategy.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Has strong sense of empathy for both the user and team members.
- Is interested in building a global social safety net.
- Thinks for themselves instead of copying others.
- Creative and bold in the face of any problem.
- Intellectually honest and has high integrity.
- Has experience working in globally distributed and remote teams in a tech start-up environment would be a bonus.
🧘 What we offer:
You will receive salary and equity compensation, health insurance, a laptop, a minimum of four weeks of yearly vacation, personal development budget, attendance of professional conferences and more.
We have a minimum of two annual team gatherings where you will join us. The previous gatherings were in Ljubljana, San Francisco, and Mexico.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Our products are created by a fully remote team distributed across the globe and stretching ten timezones while headquartered in San Francisco.
We’re here to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone.